Battery low or empty alarm

• Dear Friends,

we have a fanuc robot R30i controller. in this we have facing battery low or empty warning alarm. for that as per manual instruction we have replaced PSB battery as well as main board battery (CMOS), but still the warning not goes off. Even though we have replaced 7the axis encoder cable from manipulator to backpanel and backpanel to controller and RMP1 cable from backpanel to controller but not OK. then finally both 7the axis and 6the amplifier also replaced but not OK. so pls anyone can help me to resolve this proble with good idea.... :

• Hello,
    Please post all the alarms (with error codes).
    What type of robot?
    If you replaced the batteries in the base of the robot arm and you still get BZALARM it can be a short circuit in the robot's internal cables which will empty the batteries.

• You have changed the batteries in robot base and the 7th axis batteries inside controller door?
    These would normally generate a SRVO-087 or SRVO-065 alarm.

You might try this to reset alarm:

For the SRVO-062 BZAL alarm you need to go to MENU<SYSTEM<MASTER/CAL< and use F3 to RES_PCA and hit F4 for yes then FCTN<0<8 to cycle power on the robot again and this will get rid of that alarm. If Master/Cal is not available under your system variables window let me know and I can walk you through how to enable it.

Edited once, last by Iowan ().

• SYST-035 Low or No Battery Power on MAIN

if pulse battery ars low you must have message BLAL, in this case it's important to do not power off controller

in your case problem is main board battery but if you replaced it, check battery voltage.

You have 7th axis, i think you have separate servo amplifier, do you have battery on this servo amplifier? (in robotics no battery need but in CNC they are using same sero amplifier and they use battery on this servo amp)

• Will just replacing the batteries clear the alarm though? Or is this considered a “major alarm” that cannot be reset unless power is cycled or using “RES_PCA”? In his original post it states that he also removed an encoder cable which would bring up a BZAL SRVO_062 or SRVO-065 BLAL which are PCA related. He may need to check his alarm log and see what else is active but I’d say he may have to reset PCA’s in the master cal screen.

Dear Friends,

we have a fanuc robot R30i controller. in this we have facing battery low or empty warning alarm. for that as per manual instruction we have replaced PSB battery as well as main board battery (CMOS), but still the warning not goes off. Even though we have replaced 7the axis encoder cable from manipulator to backpanel and backpanel to controller and RMP1 cable from backpanel to controller but not OK. then finally both 7the axis and 6the amplifier also replaced but not OK. so pls anyone can help me to resolve this proble with good idea.... :

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• I'm dealing with a very similar problem at the moment.
    We changed the cable on the welding gun, we changed the batteries, we checked the connections on the battery pack inside the controller door...still we're getting the damn BLAL alarm. Hit a RES_PCA, restarted the controller, everything. The damn thing still keeps showing up. Funny thing, though, is that we're not losing motor calibration on the 7th axis when we shut off power.

Advertising from our partners