I/O Communication problem wiith PLC

• How would I possibly know where this file comes from or in what state of editing it is at?

Therefore the only thing that is relevant when trouble shooting is exactly what is in the controller, not on a PC. unless you are testing in KROSET etc.

Saying that also, without specific information, we have to trawl through reams of data without knowing what programs are being used or tested, so we need as much updated/to date and accurate information as possible - this will always reside inside the controller as that is what it is executing.

Comparing the 2 files, they are different and not identical.....which proves my point.

- Granted, there is nothing that points to what you're experiencing.....But it could do.

- I don't mean it to come across in negative way though, but you could by accident send a file from last year and we'd be chasing ghosts.

- I have spent many hours trawling a backup only to be informed, they'd provided the wrong one...........:censored:

- This is why a current backup is necessary.

Ok, So we can ignore the KLOGIC allocations and as there is no LSQ program exist/running then.

Reviewing the 'small' program:

Your inputs from the peripheral sensors providing feedback/status are turning on internal signals, not outputs.

- I assume you are aware of this, if not, then you need to do some research about the Kawasaki IO and Internal Signal purposing and usage.

- Inputs are referenced as 1001 - 1032

- Outputs are referenced as 1- 32

- Internal Signals are referenced as 2001-2255 (these are like internal flags only - no electrical connection to CN2 or CN4).

- So no indication on CN2 will be seen regarding the status of these.

- If you check the INT screen in the IO Monitor screen, you should be seeing these signals reflect the logic your using in the small program.

- These are also being sent to the 2 Data registers (if the autostart.pc program is running) you should see these values in the INT Data Monitor window too.

- This will provide you evidence of whether the peripheral sensors/inputs are working depending on there status.

The outputs in your motion routine (speed and distance between points dependent) will be executed when the robot is 20mm from the preceding target.

This could actually mean they are operating too fast for you to see......I doubt it, but it is possible, you could go real slow and see if this is the case.

The other thing I have noticed, is that the general fieldbus is disabled with an old configuration that uses signals 33-64 and 1033-1064.

However, as this allocation is not the 1-32 and 1001-1032, this should not be causing any issues.

So on the face of it, what I can see, there is no reason for the IO to not function as far as the controller logic is concerned.

If you can proceed with those 2 tests I mentioned, then we will be in a position of whether there is an underlying configuration issue or board problem.

• Hi kwakisaki,

As you suggested, I ran the FOR loops for outputs and inputs and viewed the states on the IO monitor as follows:

- OUTPUTS - is turned from light gray to yellow the boxes related to each output on all 32, in particular on outputs 9-15 I heard relay fittings on the 1KP board, the rest just changed their state (color). the commands for forcing the ALT + 1 / ALT + 2 outputs doesn't work. I put the multimeter on each output at the time of activation and measured only 0V.

- INPUTS - starts running the FOR loop and remains in the WAIT state at the first input, in the conditions in which I have 24V applied on it and does not pass further because, probably, it does not see this voltage.

I changed the 1HW board with a spare one and it shows the same.

You told me that CN3 should have a cable and that it has the role of arming the signals. Did I understand correctly? I don't have any cable on this connector and I don't even know where to connect it.

I'm stuck, I don't know what to do ... do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Regards.

• To put an end to the animosities related to the backup files, today I tried to make a full backup but it displays the message "P0123 Illegal qualifier". I mention that I also tried this with KIDE. Should I try other software?

• So the logic is being executed correctly then, so that's something.

If you move the red box over a specific output (don't just leave it on No 1, move it and try) in the IO monitor screen:

1. when pressing (and holding A) and then pressing no. 1, that should turn the highlighted output on - go from light grey to yellow.

2. when pressing (and holding A) and then pressing no. 2, that should turn the highlighted output off - if it is on - go from yellow to grey.

Are you saying that is not working?......as that does not make sense.

No I never said CN3 should have a cable in it, it may have a cable in it.

Do not worry about CN3, if the jumpers are set to what I said, it will not be in use.

Can you send pictures of your wiring to the CN2 and CN4 connectors - some good quality ones?

Also pictures of the 1HW board itself showing the jumpers?

So you cannot make a backup from the Controller - is this what your telling me?

• If you move the red box over a specific output (don't just leave it on No 1, move it and try) in the IO monitor screen:

1. when pressing (and holding A) and then pressing no. 1, that should turn the highlighted output on - go from light grey to yellow.

2. when pressing (and holding A) and then pressing no. 2, that should turn the highlighted output off - if it is on - go from yellow to grey.

I try to do this in teach mode...but it doesn't work..

• Need to see CN2 and CN4 inside the connectors?

Can you show me a video of what you're doing when using the IO screen to turn on the signals?

So the backup you've been sending is not what's in the Controller then...............:censored:.........:wallbash:........so I could be chasing ghosts then....

The error is relating to you using incorrect syntax.

The command should be SAVE followed by a filename not exceeding 8 characters, no spaces and not starting with a number (but can contain a number).

eg. SAVE backup

• Yes, that's why KIDE is shite......you're relying on 'beta' application and automatic functions.

Better sticking with KCWin.

That backup you sent is 100Kb greater in file size that from KIDE.

Tell me:

1. Where is the 24V and 0V lines in your panel from the PSU going to on CN2 and CN4 Connectors

- CN2 requires 24V on VIN1 and VIN2 (18 and 19)

- CN2 requires 0V on COM1 and COM2 (36 and 37)

- CN4 requires 0V on COM1 and COM2 (18 and 19)

• Tell me:

1. Where is the 24V and 0V lines in your panel from the PSU going to on CN2 and CN4 Connectors

- CN2 requires 24V on VIN1 and VIN2 (18 and 19)

- CN2 requires 0V on COM1 and COM2 (36 and 37)

- CN4 requires 0V on COM1 and COM2 (18 and 19)

Advertising from our partners