I/O Communication problem wiith PLC

• Hi guys,,,
    I wired up the io from my PLC IO blosk to the 1TW board in the E-series controller, but cant establishh the connection.
    The teach pendent shows "Error I/O board is not installed"....no inputs or outputs in the ladder logic is able to communicate withe the robot controller...... :help: :help: :help: :help:

• First of all, Thank you for replying man...

yes i changed them to 32 inputs and 32 outputs and all the dip switches down.
    Now the errors are gone and there are no alarm lights(red) on the boards, but the communication problem still persists...

• If the 1TW has now been configured and the errors are gone, then the controller will be communicating with the 1TW board now.
    If you are not reading inputs on the controller or reading inputs on your PLC, then check your wiring on CN2 and CN4.

1TW boards come in different flavours (NPN and PNP).
    1TW boards CN2 is outputs and CN4 is inputs (often mistaken for the other way around).
    1TW board requires external 24V and 0V to be connected to CN2 and CN4 respectively (often overlooked).
    1TW NPN and PNP configurations are illustrated in the External IO Manual for correct configuration.

If fieldbus option has been enabled, it is possible that the signals are not allocated to local IO - Check Aux 060801 for this.

• Thanks...

Also, the signals set to arm ID board was from 1001, 8 signals. This limited the connection with the plc. I set these to a different set of signals. Now it is communicating with the PLC. :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

• Welcome to the forum...........:beerchug:

The user who created this thread had 2 problems, error and configuration using an E Controller (1TW Board).

D Controller uses 1GW or 1HW (NPN or PNP) - I assume as you are using Europe Spec it will be 1HW.

Can you describe your problem?

Are you receiving any errors, if so what are they?

Has this just occurred or are you in the process of setting it up?

What have you tried so far?

- Even though it is a different board, the configuration and Aux Function values for E and D Controllers are generic, try the above suggestions first.

• Hi kwakisaki,

Yes, indeed the I / O board is 1HW (PNP) and for now I am in the process of configuring the robot with nothing connected to the I / O (for the moment). My problem is that after the boot process on TP appears the error message "E1009 No 1 I / O board is not installed" and I don't know the cause and also how to delete it.

I checked your suggestions above (Aux 0611) less dip switches because this type of board does not contain them, having instead the jumper groups J3, J4 and J5.

Another error that I viewed yesterday on TP, appeared after I connected the plug on the gripper manifold. It has the code D003 - VME BUS error. It disappeared today after the first boot instead CLAMP commands no longer work, although they are configured from Aux 0605 on 2 (handling).

If you have the documentation of this type of board, please send it to me or if you have other suggestions, I am eager to check them.

Thank you in advance!

Regards!

• Your total IO will probably be set to 32 inputs and 32 outputs, which means it looks for a 1xW board (No.1 IO board).

If the board is faulty, missing or not addressed correctly, then this error is produced.

You will find towards the rear connector on the 1HW J1 and J2 jumpers.

J2 is where the board is addressed - this should be set to 1-32.

For VME bus errors, you need to have a laptop displaying the terminal window.

More error information is reported here than on the teach pendant which usually includes where on the bus the error was generated from.

Attached is the troubleshooting manual, which contains the references for the 1HW jumper configurations and also 1KP and 1RB information.

1KP and 1RB are where the arm IO is controlled from, again these are referred to in the troubleshooting manuals.

Your VME bus error could be related to the fact you have allocated signals referencing the 1HW board.......which isn't addressed correctly.

It is also possible the 1HW board is faulty to.

• Yes, check the 1HW for correct addressing.

D0003 displays more information using the PC Terminal.

1. Is the D0003 repeatable.

2. Does the error repeat when the 1HW board is not inserted.

3. Are all boards correctly inserted, no bent pins and secured......1RB has special wings to attach, make sure these are correct.

4. Confirm dipswitches on 1RB board (near rear, close to backplane connector)....cycle them a couple of times and maybe clean area.

5. Check umbilical between Controller and Arm for defects and short circuits.

6. Check arm side for gripper control for defects and short circuits.

• Hi kwakisaki,

I will try to check your suggestions on point 4.

I found that the J2 Jumper on the HW board is set to -96. Is that the problem for he can't see the I / O board ?

Error D003 appeared on two successive boots, after which it disappeared.

At the other points 2, 3, ..., 6 there are no problems, the arm works normally.

Can the fact that he does not receive any command on the solenoid valves connected to the plug on the robot arm be related to the HW board fault?

I can't manage the gripper with the commands specific to the "AS" language, also in the TEACH mode on the TP. Activation of CL1, CL2 has no effect.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Many thanks!

Regards!

• So the 1HW is now functioning then - ie E1009 is not appearing on bootup now.

Do not confuse 1HW with the few built in arm IO, they are electrically different circuits.

If you want to use the 1HW board to control EOAT, you will have to provide a separate signal harness.

1KP provides 8 outputs and 1RB provides 4 inputs (from memory) built in as standard.

I think they maybe fixed allocations too.

1KP Outputs 9 - 16

1RB Inputs 1009 - 1012

Aux 0610 requires User Sensor Input and Built in Valve Output to both be enabled too.

1. What Arm are you using?

2. How many outputs and inputs are you requiring on the EOAT?

3. Where is your EOAT connected to - what cables/harness numbers?

4. Are the 1HW jumpers as per the troubleshooting manual - specifically J3, J4, J5

5. What are your Handling clamp settings?

6. Can you send a full file save?

• For now I don't know if the 1HW board works. I found the difference in the setting of the J2 jumper (J3, J4 and J5 being set correctly) in a picture taken a few days ago, because I am not close to the robot.

I know that I / O on 1HW are different from those built in I/O, but I thought that maybe the failure in 1 HW is related to their malfunction.

Do you have any idea how these internal I / O are wired in the controller? I think they are integrated into the X3A-X3 harness.

Do I also need + 24VDC (from external source) to activate internal I / O?

Do you have any documentation / electrical diagram of these internal I / O?

The robot arm is FD050N.

Thank you!

Regards!

• If you have now addressed the 1HW correctly and E1009 error is not produced on bootup, then it is communicating with the 1HW successfully.

You would need to test some inputs and outputs out to confirm the validity of the IO, but if there's no error, then the controller is at least communicating with the 1HW.

All connections are available in the troubleshooting manual I attached in my earlier post.

Not in a logical order and do not include specifically FD Series.......But this is the same for FS30 and FS45.

- Umbilical pinout (Separate Harness Distribution List for D42/F Series)

- Internal Arm pinouts (Machine Harness Connection List for F30/45)

- Inputs are marked up as SIG-1, SIG-2, SIG-3, SIG-4 (X3/X3A).

- Outputs are marked up as SIGO-1, SIGO-2, SIGO-3, SIGO-4, SIGO-5, SIGO-6, SIGO-7, SIGO-8 (X5/X5A)

The Machine Harness Connection List displays internally where the inputs and outputs are separated into separate harnesses.

1KP board X9 provides 24V (Pin 9) and 0V (Pin 11) as a voltage source.

If there are links between 9-10 and 11-12, then 24V and 0V is available at the arm side via the Machine Harness Connection List pinouts.

• Hi kwakisaki,

I couldn't resist the temptation and today I went to the "meeting" again with Mr. ROBOT.

I reset the J2 jumper settings to 1-32 on the 1HW board, I bootup, it was OK the E1009 error disappeared, after which it reappeared at the next bootup.

Regarding the built-in solenoid valves, the CL1, CL2, CLn controls on the TP don't work, instead when I run a test program in the "AS" language, where I set OPENI 1 / CLOSEI 1, or OPENI 2 / CLOSEI 2, I hear the relays on the 1KP board working, but I can't get the +24 VDCs on the plug on the robot arm. In addition to a few handling cycles (handling simulation) I get D003 - VME BUS error again.

If I remove the cable plug from the robot arm (it connects to a solenoid island), I no longer get this error.

I think I can conclude that the 1HW & 1KP boards are faulted or the wires in the harness cable (X5 / X5A) are in trouble as well.

If you have any more ideas, what else could I check, please tell me. All I have to do is check the connection wires in the X5 / X5A harness cable or give up the built-in controls and come up with an auxiliary I / O cable directly from the 1HW board (after I solve this problem as well).

Thank you!

Regards!

• I reset the J2 jumper settings to 1-32 on the 1HW board, I bootup, it was OK the E1009 error disappeared, after which it reappeared at the next bootup.

Error E1009 is generic code for IO board communication error.

It will always display No.x of board it is not communicating with.

Check if No.x is definitely 1.......if it is another number, then possible you have set more than 32 inputs and 32 outputs in Aux 0611.

If relays on 1KP are switching with commands, then clamp commands and clamp conditions are set and working.

CL1, CL2 buttons only work in teach mode and require 'A' button to be pressed and held down first, then CLx button.

Are you pressing 'A' button?

Remove ALL umbilicals from robot side (you will receive many errors for encoder and harness disconnection) this is normal.

Look at errors closely, do you see VME Bus or IO communication errors?

If not then problems exists between umbilicals and robot side, not 1KP or 1RB.

Can you send me a full file save?

Can you send me an error log?

but I can't get the +24 VDCs on the plug on the robot arm

If I remove the cable plug from the robot arm (it connects to a solenoid island), I no longer get this error.

When you remove this harness, can you measure 24V on the cable ends? (I assume this a non Kawasaki cable too).

If so then solenoid island has problem.

If not, his tells me either:

- Harness from solenoid island to robot internal harness has faults.

- Robot internal harness has faults.

I would make small test lead (interface) from robot internal harness to solenoid island (using troubleshooting manual pinouts).

If error returns, then I suspect robot internal harness failure and will need replacing, for robot of that age, it is possible.

If error does not return, then external harness is problem.........replace or remake.

Unless you have spare 1HW, 1RB and 1KP to swap and prove, it would be difficult to confirm.

I would be very surprised if 1KP, 1RB or 1HW is faulty, due to you disconnecting solenoid island and error disappears......I think harness has problem.

• Error E1009 is generic code for IO board communication error.

It will always display No.x of board it is not communicating with.

Check if No.x is definitely 1.......if it is another number, then possible you have set more than 32 inputs and 32 outputs in Aux 0611.

"E1009 No 1 I / O board is not installed" - the 1HW board is mounted on slot 1 and has set in Aux 0611 the values 32 for IN / OUT and J2 jumper set on 1-32

I tried with another 1HW board and I get the same error: "E1009, No1 I / O board is not installed"

If relays on 1KP are switching with commands, then clamp commands and clamp conditions are set and working.

CL1, CL2 buttons only work in teach mode and require 'A' button to be pressed and held down first, then CLx button.

Are you pressing 'A' button?

Yes, I pressed the A + CL1 or A + CL2 button. In this mode (Teach) I no longer hear the relays working.

Remove ALL umbilicals from robot side (you will receive many errors for encoder and harness disconnection) this is normal.

Look at errors closely, do you see VME Bus or IO communication errors?

If not then problems exists between umbilicals and robot side, not 1KP or 1RB.

I removed all the harness cables from the robot side and indeed there were several errors, but no one related to the above errors.

In the next few days I will check the harness cables and the internal cables in the arm, maybe I can identify the problem.

Advertising from our partners