EPSON

• Hi guys,

I have a station that uses 4 g3 Epson. These 4robots are controlled by two RC700,in other words its two robots per controller.

Each robot have in the tool a dispense system, and we are controlling the dispensing with a timer in a parallel process to the movement, this means that the pump is working during X seconds at a fixed rpm during the movement between 2 points.

I'm detecting an irregular dispensing and that make me wonder if the timer is reliable for this end. I'm dispensing a volume between 50 ul +-1%.

Because of this concern we are thinking to change the dispensing time to station's plc, but this requires a lot of effort to the team.

So what do you think? Could the robot timer be unreliable?

Looking forward for your opinion.

Thanks

• I never used a setup like this one, and I don't know what type of substance You are dispensing, but since You are dealing with solid pumping, there is a possibility to get these kind of variation.

In adhesive dispensing equipment, we normally send the tcp speed of the robot (through analog signals) to dispense equipment, so the dispenser adjusts its dispensing flow according to the robot speed.

• Kotir

Welcome to the robot forum

I would like to help but I really dont understand your setup

Do you have an XQT function only with a timer ? That triggers also two XQT for the motions (one per robot?
    Is the problem you see on the twin robots or on one of each couple ? How is your question related to the set up ? all the robots ?, the twins ? ...........

By the way, is your dispensing pump enough for all of them ?
    Do you see difference on the dispensing depending on the number of robot using them ?

Retired but still helping

• Hi

Thank for your answer.

About the setup, it is a simple one.

I have a pump that starts rotating when receives an input signal from the I/O robot controler (rising edge) and stops rotating when stops receiving the input signal from the I/O robot controler (falling edge). Being the rpm always the same, the quantity depends directly on pump's rotation time.
    So this is how the dispensing system is working.

24v Dispense ON
    0v

Dispense Off Dispense Off

The I/O is being activated by a timer in a parallel process like the one shown below

Arc pointA, pointB ! On dispensingON, 1, 0 !

That means that the timer is counting while the robot is executing the movement and my fear is that the controller priotorize the movement in prejudice to the timer. In another words, the controler processor priority to the movement may cause a timer delay.

What do you think about this? Is this delay possible? In my process we are dispensing microliters and the process margin must be smaller 0.5 microliters.

Thanks

• Hi
    I dont use ARC, I looked in the manual and doesnt have any variables that allow you to turn outputs on/off

I'm talking about
    Parallel processing with the Jump command causes output bit 1 to turn on at the end of the Z joint rising
    travel and when the 1st, 2nd, and 4th axes begin to move. Then output bit 1 is turned off again after 50% of
    the Jump motion travel has completed.
    Function test
    Jump P1 !D0; On 1; D50; Off 1!
    Fend
    Parallel processing with the Move command causes output bit 5 to turn on when the joints have completed
    10% of their move to the point P1. Then 0.5 seconds later turn output bit 5 off.
    Function test2
    Move P1 !D10; On 5; Wait 0.5; Off 5!
    Fend

Do yo have to use Arc ?
    Is it possible you write something like Arc pointA, pointB !D10; On dispensingON! You might be able to write the on and off in the same line

Retired but still helping

Advertising from our partners