KUKA.CNC problem

• I am working with KR 120 R2700 Extra HA robot with KRC4 controller (KSS8.3.37). The robot executes KRL programs and can be jogged normally. I am trying to use KUKA.CNC package and having some problems with that.

I have installed the ProconOS and then KUKA.CNC interface opens and I can copy, view and edit cnc programs.

When I try to run either gCodeExecute (with a program name) or cncmotion Iget a warning "KSS00156 CNC_ADAPTER: Motion active Originator: 0" (which is understand is supposed to happen) and on the screen the execution stops in cncmotion.src line 82 "MOVE_EMI
    cncDeviceName[] "MCS" FLT 0". The robot does not move.

When executing nc program from CNC-HMI I get errors like:
    KSS21531 Channel 1: : Axis acceleration exceeds maximum limit. [50120]

KSS23346 Channel 1: Actual MCS-output position of the kinematic forward transformation [292037]
    Originator: ISG_NC

KSS23345 Channel 1: Actual WPCS-input position of the kinematic backward transformation [292036]
    Originator: ISG_NC

I suspect there may some required steps after installing KUKA.CNC package to finalize the installation and preparation for work. So far I just installed the KUKA.CNC and expected it to work.

Anyone got any experience with this package? How do I make it work? What is Channel 1?

• I don't have any hands-on experience with the .CNC package, so I can't speak to most of those errors. However, message 21531 suggests that your first motion is to violent for the path planner to allow. Possibly you need to move the robot to the start point of the CNC program using normal robot motions, before starting the GCode path. Or, the first move of the GCode path has too high a velocity set.

• Hi,

I encounter the same...

"KSS00156 CNC_ADAPTER: Motion active Originator: 0" (which is understand is supposed to happen) and on the screen the execution stops in cncmotion.src line 82 "MOVE_EMI

cncDeviceName[] "MCS" FLT 0". The robot does not move.

And did uninstalling and re installing back the both ProconOS and KUKA.CNC.

but it didnt work for me.

can anyone give advice on this please.

thanks

Advertising from our partners