How to change the default used axes for "Automatic load data determination"?

• Hello Everyone,

I was trying to perform the automatic load determination (i.e., to determine the mass, center of mass and inertia values) for the tool which is mounted to the flange frame of Kuka lbr iiwa 14 R820 robot. The default used axes for Autmatic load determination are A5, A6 and A7.

Problem: In my case, the tool size is big. The tool collides with the elbow link of Kuka lbr iiwa 14 R820 robot whenever the automatic load determination is started in the Kuka SmartPad.

Workaround: I was wondering if there is a possibility to change the default used axes for Autmatic load determination in the following way

from A5 to A3
    from A6 to A4
    from A7 to A5

Can anyone give me their suggestions to resolve the above-mentioned problem?

Thanking You,

Kind Regards,
    Sriniwas

• Sunrise 1.16 provides to possibility to use just 30 degrees instead of full range motion to determin the load data. This would be possible then. But I am not sure if you already can get it and from where you can get it :icon_frown:

Edited once, last by razzo ().

• Hello Null Reference,

I tried to implement your suggestion of entering the tool data manually. The steps which i followed to do this are as follows:

Step 1: I entered the mass, center of mass and moment of inertia values of my configured and defined robot tool in the Kuka Sunrise Workbench manually.

Step 2: After Step1, I transferred the local project (project on my PC equipped with Kuka Sunrise Workbench) including the changes made to the tool data to the Kuka Robot Control Unit using the "Project Synchronization" icon.

After performing the above-mentioned steps, I tried to see whether the tool weight is compensated by the robot or not. And the result is the tool weight is not at all compensated when i tried to move the robot by pressing and holding the White button (located below the Green button) after i pressed the Green button.

Can you please let me know, if i did the right procedure as far as manually entering the tool data and the changes made to the tool data being visible in the Kuka SmartPad (Kuka LBR IIWA R14 820 robot's teach pendant) is concerned?

Thanking You,

BR,
    Sriniwas

• Hi.
    Is the tool selected in the jog menu? Only the load data of the active jogging tool is taken into consideration when performing manual guidance so if for example flange is active then tool data will be all zeroes

• After performing the above-mentioned steps, I tried to see whether the tool weight is compensated by the robot or not. And the result is the tool weight is not at all compensated when i tried to move the robot by pressing and holding the White button (located below the Green button) after i pressed the Green button.

- Manual mode T1: You must select the attached tool, before the robot consider it while jogging the robot , likle in the attched image.
    - If you want to move the robot in the program, while a tool is attached you should do so in the program, like this very basic example (For more info, see the documentation):

Advertising from our partners