Work visual 5.0 for configuring robotiq 3-finger gripper on KMR iiwa14

• I want to configure a robotiq 3-finger gripper on a KMR with iiwa14 touch electric flange. The problems I need a solution for are;

1. I have sunrise 1.14 and Work Visual 5.0, the later refuses to open up on my computer. So configuring the IO's is a non-starter.
    2. I have not configured a gripper (or robotiq gripper) myself before. But I am highly interested to learn that. Is there any step-by-step resource to help me with that? Or is work-visual intuitive enough.
    3. There is another setup in our lab with an iiwa 14 touch pneumatic flange on which the robotiq 3-finger gripper IO's are configured with some additional profinet connections particular to that work-cell. I see that the bus structure of the touch electric and touch pneumatic is same. So if the additional profinet connections can be edited out in Work Visual, I think that the rest of the configuration can be imported into sunrise and synced on the KMR iiwa to use the robotiq gripper.

In short, If this post can point/teach me in sufficient detail on how to configure the I/O's of the robotiq 3-f gripper myself that would serve the purpose.

I would be thankful to the folks in advance who take out time to do so.

Thanks.

• [size=1em]first of all, i would recommend reading
    https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…a-robot-forum/read-first/

for example you should provide full detail on software versions, WoV version is crippled to only first two numbers which is not enough - when working with Sunrise OS, all software versions must be tightly related. You also did not mention environment in which your WorkVisual is installed (exact type and version of windows).

1. Sunrise OS 1.14, requires Sunrise Workbench 1.14 and WorkVisual 5.0.2.313 (yes, that specific). You need Win7 for it. Win10 can also work but requires installing newer WinPCAP (win10pcap-v10.2-5002.zip). Note, you must integrate Sunrise.KOP (comes with SWB 1.14) into WorkVisual (no projects open, menu Extras, Kuka Option Packages...)
    2. So you did not even check it yet?
    3. You can just insert Profinet and configure it. Check manuals

[/size]

• Your answer is very condescending. It seems that you are more out to police this forum than provide an answer. I hope you reconsider your tone and understand that you would always come across posts that are less than perfect for your high standards. There will always be people who know less than you. It is not necessary to provide lectures and then give useless vague answers that don't help. It is better, in that case, to not respond. I hope you take this in a positive spirit.

• what exactly you find offensive or condescending? that you are supposed to read documentation? list specific versions of products you use? or that you were instructed to check guideline how to post correctly so we don't have to repeat same thing individually to thousands of new members?

if you are not ready to read, you came to wrong place and picked wrong line of work...

if you are not willing to share details such as specific software versions (which was asked in link i mentioned) answers cannot be clear or specific (there are incompatibilities and conflicts between versions. as mentioned, in case of Sunrise, all product must have tightly related versions. stating only first two digits is not specific enough.

Code
    There will always be people who know less than you.

People who know more than me, don't need my help. And the don't get triggered by only answer they got in a week.

Code
    It is not necessary to provide lectures and then give useless vague answers that don't help.

No lectures? Then why are you here? I thought you needed help?

Vague and useless answer?

Vague perhaps, but you did not provide enough info to get you specific answer. I am not going to write an essay and cover all possible cases, specially when responses are seen as lecturing.

Useless? You may think so but i and 750 forum members disagree. Btw. i gave you very specific version of workvisual and instructions to configure it correctly for YOUR system. This is prerequisite before you can do anything.

I hope you too take this in a positive spirit. If you like, i wont intentionally respond to any of your future posts. Fair enough?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners