Installation of RobotWare 3.2 on S4C

• Hello,

We have IRB6400 M99 with S4C controller.
    Due changing language procedure (from French to English) we're tried to reinstall RW. Initially, robot performed quite well.
    Original System Key RW3.2 pass promptly, also floppy disks 1, 2 and 3. Trouble occurs during loading disk 4. No any error message, but robot counts, seems never ending. By my opinion, it doesn't make a sense if counter shows 4000 and still counts up. I aborted installation (main switch - turn off) and tried again and again, but with no success.
    Jumpers on panel board aren't in default condition - but before reinstallation robot performed well with same configuration of panel board jumpers.
    I have 3 different RW versions, RW2.0, RW3.2._50 and RW3.2._56
    Also floppy disk could make trouble but in that case I'm expecting some error message.
    Any suggestion what should be done?

• If it had RW3.2, then you must load RW3.2. Going backwards to older versions will risk corrupting the DSQC373. The operating system should be loaded before the end of disk 3. If there is missing information in the mc1 file when loading disks 1, 2, or 3, then it will try to find it on disk 4. Look for issues with one the first 3 disks. ABB tech support will usually let you download the RW3.2 disk pack but you need a good key disk.
    As suggested by Iowan, disk copy can sometimes help by rewriting the files.

• There is a key disk that contains information about the software license associated with this key along with the encrypted key. There also is a generic RW3.2 package of 10 disks containing different variations of the software and most options.

Loading software procedure can be easy or challenging depending on the setup.

The guide found >here< has information for S4C RW3.0 but most of the information regarding software loading and backup is the same for RW3.2.

Please note once RW3.2 is loaded, you must NOT try to load versions 3.1 or 3.0. It will corrupt the DSQC373 Robot Computer Board.

Questions:

You have a long arm 4400, is it arc welding? Are there positioners (ext. axis)?

Advertising from our partners