Communication to Sunrise failed

• Dear all,
    Recently, I received the following error in our KUKA iiwa robot under safety control on teach pendant;
    "Communication to Sunrise failed "
    [1.jpg][/img]
    Nothing works anymore!
    The last time the robot was working fine. I didn't do any update, or any special change in sunrise configuration.
    I had experienced this error also before and a rebooting was fixed the problem. But this time the error exists even after several rebooting.
    some times the robot is not recognized and the station status on left up corner is N/A.

Any idea how to resolve the problem?
    during the start up of the sunrise this error is also shown:
    (I am not sure if this is related to the above error)

12:00:21 KCP FSOE
    EtherCat Commiunication timeout
    Packets missing
    [2.jpg][/img]

All the best.

• I have restarted the robot several times and this error yet exists. The robot can not be jogged. nothing works!
    I tried to unmaster and master some joints. It goes unmastered but do not masters.

• It's a little bit hard to make a diagnosis only with the attached pics.You 'd better make a KRCDiag file,in which there're more information included and then provide the file to local KUKA hotline for help. May this do help to you !

• I reinstalled the station configuration. Now it works but the error happens once among a time and i have to restart to get rid of that.
    I also noticed that if the robot is left idle for a while the error happens. I don't know why this happens!

• Once i had a program that continuously invoked the method isCloseTo(Frame) from any class that inherits from Frame. Took around 4-10 minutes for sunrise to crash, both UI and controller became extremely unresponsive and crashed.

Check your program for anything that you do continuously, also check background tasks. Remove some code and try again until you isolate the class and methods responsible for this

• Just in case this might help you out,

Most of the time that I've experienced the same error, was caused by unstable connection through KLI.
    If you try your RJ45 connector on KLI in and out for few times, you will see that error.
    - I am quite sure it should be categorized as a "bug", anyhow it has been there since Sunrise.OS 1.3, the first version I've worked with.
    So, unless you are getting this error by manually doing what I've described, there might be some cases as below I guess.

1. Somethings wrong with your background task or especially -if any- network program as NullReference has referred.

Check your program for anything that you do continuously, also check background tasks. Remove some code and try again until you isolate the class and methods responsible for this

2. Somethings wrong with your cable or network itself.
    And there goes the 3rd, somethings wrong with your cabinet with its internal network -> ask for KUKA support

Advertising from our partners