Fanuc VW (VAG system) 8.23 - position register problems

• Hi everybody. I just started programming Fanuc for assembly line for VW. There is a VAG installed on the controller (V8.23 - fresh new one). I have a problem with using PR[..]. I record 3 position i PR, and then I want to use them in my UP program, but when I am testing a path a have a problem to go from PR[...] to P[..] beacuse of tool frame number mismatch. So I double checked the tool I use when recording PR and when teaching a position. They're the same. The only difference is that when I look under position details I can see the exact nunmber of UT, and GP1UF used, and under PR details i see UT: F and GP1UF: F.

I read in manual that the F means that position is record with actual frame and tool settings. But still don't know why it's not working.

What should I do to make it work? Does anyone has similar problem?

• If you cannot move from PR to P because of tool frame number mismatch, I think the problem is the tool number in P not in PR

• Hi guys :smiling_face:

Thanks for the answers.

If you cannot move from PR to P because of tool frame number mismatch, I think the problem is the tool number in P not in PR

I think you're right, but I used the same tool to tech PR and the same to tech P point. That's why I am asking.

As far as I know you can't go from PR to P. What command are you using ? How do you write PR[1] = P[2]
    I don't see why would you need to create a P when you have a PR

I teached few PR positions directly into data, and record them. I wanted to use it as end positions, and home position which are always the same. Thought it would be easier to write the programs. For example when I need to choose the right path to get to the end point.

I will try to record the P to PR in the program, using LPOS. Maybe that will work. Will see tomorrow.

I remember that on the training it was possible to first teach and record the position and then use them in the program. Anyway maybe that's VAG system has some limits to it... I didn't get any description so I don't really know how it's work :icon_confused: .

• massula, I don't know what do you have on your mind. :icon_eek: Could you write sth mroe?

The application is mostly handling. I found out that the standard is called MQB in Fanuc and VSS in Kuka. Should be sth similar, but I did not programm any KUKA.

• Hello, Malgosia.

In fact, VASS is the complete set of the standards from VW Group (where VASS means Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda), and this set of standards comprehend rules for PLC programming, Robot Programming and so on.

Robotic standard, for all brands, is called RS (from Roboter Standard), and has its own versioning scheme. The newest one that I know is RS 24.x. RS 24 is contained inside VASS 6, for example. RS 22 is contained in VASS 5, and so on.

VSS means Volkswagen System Software and is a KUKA naming convention, to differentiate VW robots from regular robots, that come with KSS (KUKA System Software).

MQB is the modular platform used for VW to build most of its new models, as Golf and Audi A3, for example. While it appears somewhere in the FANUC robot interface, it is not directly related with the standards.

VW FANUC standard uses few PR points, and the Suchlauf (Search) routines have some of this PR receiving LPOS parameters. This is why I asked You about it.

• I remember that on the training it was possible to first teach and record the position and then use them in the program. Anyway maybe that's VAG system has some limits to it... I didn't get any description so I don't really know how it's work :icon_confused: .

I have a robot with a program just like that. First it has a declaration area in the program:

PR[5]=P[11]
    PR[6]=P[12]
    PR[7]=P[13]

And then you use the PRs in the program. (Of course you'll receive an error if ou don't record the positions 11, 12 and 13 first)

Advertising from our partners