KukaSimPro $ kukaOffice Lite

• I have two computers, both running Windows XP SP3.
    On one computer KukaSimPro 1.1 is installed.
    On the other computer KukaOffice Lite 5.4 with VRC 1.1 is installed.

Is it possible to connect KukaSimPro to KukaOfficeLite on another computer.

I only managed to establish one way connection so far (I can change mode from KukaSimPro, however when I change position on OfficeLite, the robot is not moving).

I do remember that once there was a post with solution on the internet (FAQ), however I can't find it any more.

Ales

• I haven't seen such solution. SimPro and OfficeLite in standard should be installed on one PC, and be communicated through virtual network. This is standard solution. Other thing is to check is your SP is compatible with your OL, because from what I remember OL 5.4 works with SP 2.0.

There are no impossibles, there are only possibles waiting to be found.

• If OL and KSP can communicate through a virtual network, they ought to be able to communicate through a real network -- the difference won't be discernible at the application level.
    That said, getting the physical network set up just right could be a non-trivial task. :icon_mrgreen:

But given that at the communications already seem to work at least in one direction, my gut feeling is that the problem is in the OL and/or KSP setup, rather than the network.

• Some good news, from KUKA SimPro training.
    You can connect SP with OL, installed on other PC. But you have to check carefully all firewalls, routers and so on... Because any delay on transmission can give a fault and SP and OL wouldn't see each other.

Such connection between SP on one PC with many others PCs with OL is necessary when you have simulation with more than one robot. This is because you can have only one OL installation on one PC.

:yesyesyes:

There are no impossibles, there are only possibles waiting to be found.

• I dont see a date on this topic, have you gotten this to work?

I have a Office PC and a separate Sim.Pro PC that i use and they work good. It took a little setting up and after some trial and error, you learn what it needs to work.

Let me know if you need any assistance with this.

• Sorry for a long delay. I haven't read my messages.
    No, I haven't solved the problem. In the mean time I have created virtual machine (Windows XP SP3) with both OfficeLite 5.4 and KUKASim.Pro 1.1 on the same machine and everything is working fine.
    However, I would like to simulate two robots at the same.
    I would really appreciate any help mookie.

• How do you connect officelite with KUka Sim Pro. I have Kuka sim Pro V1.1 in my computer Windows Vista and officeLite V4.1.7 . Can you help me please to do it?

• Hello,
    I have trouble with robot movement from Kuka OfficeLite.
    I use Kuka OfficeLite_KRC_4.1.7_Build_8 and Kuka SimPro 1.1.7 with the same system KR16 Floor.
    When I change automatic speed, mode on OfficeLite I see these changing on SimPro, but when I try to move Robot from OfficeLite (even in Manual mode with axes control) I don't see any motion in SimPro.
    What I make wrong?

Thanks in advance

Advertising from our partners