TCP Connection

• Hi

KRC4
    V8.3.37
    EthernetKRL 2.2.9

Trying to connect robot(client) to pc(server) using TCP sockets but can't get it to work. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I have checked many times the ip and ports settings on both sides and everything seams to be okay.
    On PC side I'm using TCP/IP builder software that I have used many times before to connect to different devices.

DEF Sen_ConnectToServer ()
    DECL EKI_STATUS RET

RET=EKI_Init("XmlSender")
    RET=EKI_Open("XmlSender")

END

Rob program runs the Init line whit no errors and when trying to connect to the servers nothing happens and when time runs out error msg 14 appears.

Tried also with different port numbers but didn't work.

What port numbers do you normally use? I know it stands in the manuals but know I'm asking YOU.
    Or might there be any other limitations that I have missed? Yesterday I made an application were the robot acted as server and I got it working with no problems...

-zicki

• Hi, first of all I've used the ports 54600 / 54615 (as mentioned in the docs) I don't know if you already tried to set them in both sides.
    You can also try to have a look under C:\KRC\ROBOTER\LOG\EthernetKRL and see what log says. Don't mind the logs about the FIFO, focus on what Error 14 is saying (or maybe post the error here)

Cheers

Andrea

• Hi Andrea

I have read about the log but forgotten it.
    Tried this morning again whit port number 54610 on both sides. Same problem...

Hear is the log. Does not tell me much...

ERROR tFctCall 07:36:41.048 : CTcpSock: Could not connect to '192.168.10.25':'54610' (Code 70)
    WARN tFctCall 07:36:41.048 : CSystemCall: $Flag[510] is already '0'! Possible lost of interrupt edge at tick:88604356
    ERROR tFctCall 07:36:41.048 : CIoDevice: Failed to connect to '192.168.10.25:54610'. (Code=-1)
    ERROR tFctCall 07:36:41.048 : CConnection: CIoDevice could not open connection. (Code: 14)
    ERROR tFctCall 07:36:41.048 : EFC_eki_Open: Failed to open channel 'XmlSender'. (Code=14)

To be sure pc side is working correctly, I used command prompt and netstat -an command. From there I can clearly see that the server is started up and in listening state.

TCP 192.168.10.25:54610 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

Any cable issues there should not be, cause the other application were robot acted as server worked fine.

I have also asked help from Kuka support line but they haven't yet found any solution...

-zicki

• Did you solve your problem? I am also having the error when trying to create server to the robot side with EthernetKRL 2.2.9.

What makes this weird is that with a bit older version (2.2.6 tested) I have no errors with same code, same XML...

Advertising from our partners