FANUC T.A.S.T Through Arc Seam Tracking

• Hello,

I`m interested in a seam tracker that can help correcting a maximum 0.5mm deviation due to minor changes in workpiece geometry (the workpiece comes from 4 identical machines, that deliver slightly different results), on welds with length varying from 30mm to 200mm .
    After a small theoretical study i saw that FANUC TAST could be a perfect solution for our applications.

On paper it seams (he he) a perfect solution, but i need a practical solution. Where can i find information about this sensor from a company that actually uses it?

Have a great day ! :biggrins:

• What robot + controller + welding machine combo are you using? I can help with that.
    Second thing is what material thickness it is. Tast requires weaving so if the material is to thin to accept that it might not work for you and you need different method of tracking.

• Can you tell me why the welding configuration is so important?

About the materials and workpiece , we have lap joints and v joints and the metal is at least 2mm in thickness.

• "T.A.S.T" application varies according to the work situation and project. You have to produce your own solution about the subject yourself. After all, nobody is as close to your source material as you are. I can send you the "FANUC_R-J3iB_ArcTool OPERATOR'S MANUAL (B-81464EN-3/01)" document which describes "T.A.S.T" application in this regard. Please send me your email address if you would like to review it.

• Hello,I’m new with Fanuc robot and I read all about the TAST function, but still I can’t find good settings for this function. Can you help me with some starting settings for TAST and wave parameters

• "T.A.S.T" application varies according to the work situation and project. You have to produce your own solution about the subject yourself. After all, nobody is as close to your source material as you are. I can send you the "FANUC_R-J3iB_ArcTool OPERATOR'S MANUAL (B-81464EN-3/01)" document which describes "T.A.S.T" application in this regard. Please send me your email address if you would like to review it.

Can you send me?

Hi dear

I have the same question and please send your information to me?

Seems this isnt and uncommon problem hahaha. Could you also send me the manual?

Hi! Can you please send me this manual on my email? I would be very glad.

**** Email removed by moderator ****

Greetings!

Advertising from our partners