l30IB+ Controller freezing up at same point

• Any help is appreciated. We recently got a job in thats basically identical to a previous job. Big difference is the old job used the L30iB controller while the controller for this one is an L30ib+. We loaded in programs, IO configs, and other stuff from the previous job into this one. We keep getting freezups at the exact same spot in the program after the machine has been running for a few hours(10 sec cycle time, so it runs fine continuously). RB doesn't move and the TP is frozen. Only way to reset is do a power cycle. I imagine the issue has to do with compatibility.

I did an init start, and only loaded in TP programs and PR data to avoid reteaching, everything else (variables, network and I/O config, etc.) was manually entered to avoid issues, and the program that causes the freezup was manually rewritten, but we still have a freezup at the same point. Any ideas that avoid days of manually reprogamming? Tech support has been less than helpful.

• No, the TP locks up and doesn't have any errors in the history on powerup. As far as the freezup point in the program, it's at a wait instruction, looking for a DI to come on. The DI is from the PLC via ethernet/IP.

• Have you tried to let the robot run some other program in a loop for these 10 hours or so?
    This would help define, if it's your program that causes the problem, or some internal or background stuff does it...

• I recently had something like this. When running 2 robots with RIPE setup. When ever power flickered both teach pendents locked up, despite being powered from a UPS and the RIPE network being setup with a cross-over cable directly plugged between the two controllers. It was repeatable. I never did figure out what was causing it.

Advertising from our partners