Kawasaki UX150 A55 Help required to return to life

• Matching marks must align, so make sure correct.

Regarding encoder connections, I shall help where I can, as I have never opened up an encoder unit, only replaced assembly - so this is an unknown area.
    - All your other encoders will be wired the same, so you can check them for correct/comparison connections between 9ZG/1FG board and encoders.
    - I think they would all have same colour and wire connections.

BT+(3.6v) and BT-(0v) looking at it is for battery connection from internal board.
    - I suspect BT- wire is not needed (R), as 0V (B) connection is used instead.
    - If battery voltage not received by encoder, then Joint will lose zeroing........so if it is required, you will know.

Yes, 16 pins shown on connector, but only 14 connections used internally to encoder, the 2 missing are: N (Nothing) and R (BT-).
    If you look at J Series connection on same page A-32 (for comparison).
    - You will see 15 Pins, but only 14 used (That does not have BT- listed).

So I suspect this is ok, so only 14 wires I expect needed and no connection required to BT-(R) pin.

I have fear encoder maybe faulty.
    - You can swap encoder of JT5 with JT4 or JT6 and check only if fault moves (do not attempt to move robot).
    - You will get zeroing errors aswell, but good to check if encoder error moves or stays.
    - If fault moves, then encoder faulty.
    - If fault does not move, then harnessing issue.

• Dear Kwakisaki,

As picture of MS-Connector there are 17 pins from A to T so deducting N ( nothing ) and R ( BT- ) there should be 15 wires and 15 pins on Male Jack connector.I must have missing something, counting wires error. I will make very clear compare chart tomorrow. I am pretty sure there are 0V pin on upper board and 0V pin on under board ( that will make 15 lines between Connector to Encoder's Boards not 14 lines ). I must have chasing my tail, my brain play funky again.

On the Cable which connecting to encoder's jack only 7 pairs = 14 lines. Would it be possible the Wire carrying 0V will be split into 2 pins at the Female Jack so it can be supply 2 x 0V to 2 pins on Encoder's Male Jack to 2 boards ? If that is happen then I clearly did not supply 0V to 1 of the Board. Also on the wiring Diagram which I make it myself, I only support 1 x 0V for the uppper board. I do not know why i did it, no reason and i can not explain it. Maybe I have obsessed with number 14 wires.

Best Regards,
    Trung

Ps: Have you work on your robot weekend ?

• Yes, count 17 pins correct....
    I am confused with wire no too......

Is possible yes, you did not supply 0v, so board have no power - that would make sense.

JT4 and JT6 will use same motor and encoder.
    - Kawasaki I presume will use same type of interface cable colours/pins from encoder to internal robot board.
    - Compare these and do not rely on my or your pin count.
    - Long winded, but will be correct that way.

Yes, I do some work.....very small progress, but small improvement is better than going backwards.... :top:

• Dear Kwakisaki,

I am very sorry for late reply. I am having life issue so i could not continue investigate on the robot. I think i will try to remove the encoder, but it stuck somehow. All the bolts been removed, still could not pull the encoder out.

• Sorry to hear that.......
    Encoder assembly when all bolts removed from chassis and also encoder shaft bolt, because of shaft design you may:
    - Require to insert next size up bolt into encoder shaft and tighten slightly, this will assist to release Encoder assembly.
    - See attached I have circled.

• Dear Kwakisaki,

I have been away for more than a month....I am very sorry for that ! How are you doing ? I hope everything work well with you.
    I have attach video of mine testing the robot in 16 of august. Robot moving in teach mode so quite slow. We did turn it back to life.
    Thank you very much Kwakisaki. I will be back from time to time, right now I will put robot project to sleep.
    Still having 2 more robots to work with ( my friends ), the encoder i will just leave it there. I will fix it or investigate in it when I am ready....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baYHCDQ6jIg&t=31s

• I wondered how you were progressing with the resurrection.
    Excellent, at least it's moving and when you test in slow speed, this is good to test for brake/gear box tightness/noises.
    - From video, it looks and sounds very good (considering age).

Main thing is it appears operational, so you can progress with when you have more time.

Pop back when you next require any assistance, always happy to help.....Well done.... :top:

Advertising from our partners