R-30ib Password Issues

• I have a few (3) Robots I am trying to set a password on the controller so things cannot be changed without logging in on the teach pendant. I did not have the option in the Menu for Password.. So I went to System Variables and tried to enable PASSWORD to True in Menu. It is giving me a error/fault saying that it is a "write to protect" which is something I have not seen before.. Does anyone have any useful advice?

Thanks, Lost Tech

• I have a few (3) Robots I am trying to set a password on the controller so things cannot be changed without logging in on the teach pendant. I did not have the option in the Menu for Password.. So I went to System Variables and tried to enable PASSWORD to True in Menu. It is giving me a error/fault saying that it is a "write to protect" which is something I have not seen before.. Does anyone have any useful advice?

Thanks, Lost Tech

Definitely sounds like you don't have the option. However you can write-protect your programs, if that's the issue, although it's not as secure and doesn't take long to figure out if someone's really trying.

Advertising from our partners