Profibus issues

• I'm trying to get a sonic welding machine with 2 M-16iB robots with R-30iA controllers communicating via profibus and profinet. The telesonics talk to the plc through profinet and the rest of the components including the robots talk via profibus. We were able to get the robots to talk to the plc (btw still unsure if I configured the profibus in the TP properly I'm new to all of this. If someone has a step-by-step for basic profibus setup I could double check I have it set up correctly) but for some reason something is forcing the first 10 digital outputs. DO6, DO7 and DO8 are forced on and the rest are forced off. Seems to go on about a 10 second cycle. No programs are running and as far as I can tell nothing in the controller is forcing these. I'm at a loss right now though. :help:

• Hello,
    First of all I think you are talking about Profibus Slave for the robot. If so, you will get an Slave Disconnected error if PLC does not see the robot, if
    You must use Rack 67 for configuring DO/DI on profibus - make sure respective DO's are not configured to another rack.

Advertising from our partners