beginner requesting help

• Dear Robot-Forum.

this is my first time on this forum so if i make mistake please correct it.

i just started a new job and my first task is to get a:
    FANUC LR MATE 200iC
    up and running.

most to all of the electrical and logic wiring is complete (by previous user). it is using a:
    I pendant, type: A05B-2518-C200#EMH
    as a controller, and it will be hooked up to a Haas mini mill.

my question is:
    how do you program the darnded thing. iv'e taken a look at the manual and done"endless"(so to speak)
    variations on google searches as to how to program it.

i have been unable to find a manual or any other resource. i see there are system variables and it might be programmed in KAREL (pronounced 'care - L' ?).
    but have been fruitless in finding info. (i know some python and C++ / C if useful for explanations)

is it programmed on the Pendant?
    can i program on computer and just plug in a cf card/ usb - drive?

many thanks for any help,
    TG-Techie

• You need to read this manual if it has Handling Tool.

HandlingTool Setup
    and Operations Manual

This explains each motion instruction, general setup, inputs/outputs, program elements... this will be the best thing in my opinion for you if you have no worked with Fanuc before.

• If you write it on a PC without RoboGuide you will need a converter to change it to a TP program or ASCII loader option on the robot.

Safest way for you would be in the TP. Plus it will help you get familiar with navigating the pendant and location instructions.

• I would see if you can register on Fanuc's https://crc.frc.com/login.aspx . Then see if you can signup for their online tool handling class. It will only take a few hours to get a understanding.

With the CRC Online Site you can:

• THANKS! i'll start there, is there a website with a list of commands?

All commands are inserted through the use of a softkey(might have to use the next button), except the actual points. Those are made with a different softkey. You can edit different objects within an inserted command by cycling through them with the arrows on the keypad. You'll need to insert lines first, using the insert option in a menu accessed with yet another softkey. This is all done on the "Edit" screen (yep, there's a key for that). The select screen has your list of programs and where you go to create a new one

Edited once, last by NPG92 ().

Advertising from our partners