P_1397706788 value invalid

• Does anybody know what the variable P_1397706788 is? I'm getting "KSS01422 P_1397706788 value invalid" when attempting to execute this line: PTP $POS_ACT:{X 0,Y 0,Z 5}. I was trying to see if the line would move the robot up 5 units from wherever it was (as I thought this would answer one of the new questions on this forum), but then I got this error. I went to the single variable view but even while executing the program I only got the message "KSS02047 Object is not available."

This is not an urgent question, as this code was only for testing purposes, but now I'm curious what exactly this value means, how it gets set, and why it breaks program execution if it is not set properly. Does anyone know where to find documentation on this? Thanks!

• Simply said what you are doing is not allowed.

You can do:

Code
    PTP_REL{z 5}

or

Code
    DECL FRAME POS_Current
    POS_Current = $POS_ACT
    POS_Current = POS_Current : {x 0,y 0,z 5,a 0,b 0,C 0}

PTP POS_Current

Basically you can only put constants in to a motion command no variables

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• I am pretty sure calculating offsets using geometric operator requires full frame, not just translation values.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes. While PTP and LIN will ignore "empty" members of a FRAME/POS Structure, the Geo-Op absolutely requires some valid value in every member of the Structure. Usually I just create a temporary FRAME variable, set it to $NULLFRAME, then modify whichever members I want to have non-zero values in.

Advertising from our partners