Can't jog/run/move robot

• I have an LBR IV+ robot with a KRC2/KCP2. I haven't done anything to it, and only connected the pendant to the controller and the robot to the controller. I am not trying to do anything right now except for manually jog the robot.

Upon boot-up, I get the messages:
    “Safety circuit for drives not ready” (Source: KS)
    “Drives contactor off” (Source: KS)

And when I am in T1/T2 mode I am unable to do anything. When I try to manually jog the robot, I start by hitting down the enabler switch, which just leads to the error "Active commands inhibited" (Source: KCP). When I am in the mode that should allow the robot to be controller using the space mouse, as soon as I hit the enabler switch and try using the space mouse, the message comes up "6D-Mouse displaced-move mouse to zero position, release and press deadman switch" (no source shown).

In both T1 and T2 modes, the S in SIR is green, the I is red, and the R is yellow.

I am not sure how to proceed here.

:help: :merci:

• "Drives contactor off” this is ok because if there was dive contact on, you could have been able to jog.
    Ok first things to do is check X11, did you know about x11 physical connection for krc2? If you want to move robot, you should wire it.

https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…for-kuka-robots/krc2-x11/

Active commands inhibited is that you gave some command that robot cannot do for example you pressed start when driver is off. you can also try using the jog keys +/- besides mouse.

Post your updates about x11. :dance2:

• Thanks for the responses. I have an X11 port but no specific connector from KUKA for it. The current wiring (how it came, but with the cover taken off) is shown in the attached picture (image1.jpeg).
    The current pin connections are
    1-7 20-26
    2-8 21-27
    3-9 22-28
    4-10 23-29
    5-11 24-30
    6-12

You are saying I must have an external circuit that I would connect to the remainder of the X11 ports? Or is there a specific KUKA cable I would need to use for this connection? My apologies I don't fully understand how to proceed here. :hi-bye:???

• The X11 connector has several contact pairs that must be closed for safety signals. In production, these would be connected to relay contacts or other safety devices. As a temporary measure, you can use jumper wires, similar to what appears in your photo.

"This is how it came"? Came from where? Who had it before? Was it running then? Did they provide any documentation?

• Sorry for the lack of clarification. Another company bought this robot from KUKA but did not use it. We acquired everything from them. They never tried to run it or use it and no documentation was provided.

So, the wires shown currently in the X11 connector would have been whatever was put in there when the previous company first acquired the robot from KUKA.

Is there anything else that needs to be attached to that X11 connector in order for the robot to be able to jog? I've figured out there is a PC fan error which is preventing anything from moving, so obviously that has to be replaced first but I am also looking to see if anything additional needs to be done, or if would just be the fan error.

• Ok, thank you. I did not realize the that this was a KRC2-LR. In fact, I cannot find any documentation about that cabinet, including on the "READ FIRST" section of this forum. What is different between the KRC2-LR and the KRC2 cabinets?
    And can the missing channel B wiring be wired in the same format as the remaining wiring in the X11 controller? Simply connecting ports 25 and 31 using the proper gauge wire?

• [size=2]
    I did not realize the that this was a KRC2-LR.
    [/size]

[size=2]this is stated in the product documentation (manuals, schematics...) and - on the product label itself. [/size]

[size=2]In fact, I cannot find any documentation about that cabinet, including on the "READ FIRST" section of this forum.[/size]

[size=2][/size]

[size=2]READ FIRST topic is a guide HOW to ask questions and WHAT to provide when asking questions. Most people are not very literate or lack common sense. For example don't know what products they are using and just assume they are all the same. It is quite sad to have to educate someone how to locate and read product label.[/size]

I did not realize the that this was a KRC2-LR.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]i rest my case[/size]

[/font]

What is different between the KRC2-LR and the KRC2 cabinets?

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]read the documentation[/size]

[/font]

And can the missing channel B wiring be wired in the same format as the remaining wiring in the X11 controller? Simply connecting ports 25 and 31 using the proper gauge wire?

[size=2]yes[/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• [size=2]KRC2 is a family of controllers, not a specific product. they all can have X11 interface but connector type and wiring is different.

don't have a label example for LR but here is one for SR and it clearly shows the type.

KRC2LR is for "lightweight robots" (LBR)
    KRC2SR is for "small robots" (Denso arm)[/size]

• You are right. I was working on too many things at once with a short deadline and skipped/missed the small details that take more a little more time that I should not have been assuming. I apologize for that and certainly do not mean to waste your time but at the same time don't appreciate you belittling me quite like that.

I'm incredibly new to KUKA and there is an incredible amount of information out there and quite a steep learning curve, even just with the terminology. Again, thanks for the help as I would not have been able to figure out what I needed to without your help, but I will continue to look for any additional information through whatever documentation I find.

And to respond to your READ FIRST response - I misspoke, I was referring to the Manual, Software, and Tools for KUKA Robots section, not the READ FIRST section.

• Hey all...

I have the same problem, but on a (v)krc2, kr150kl150sp2 bought from GM.
    I’ m sorry if I’m in the wrong post, but it’s where I got tired of reading without luck.... (as in the read me post you mentioned)

So, first, since start I couldn’t been able to make him run on auto, only with T1-T2, no more (can jog and run programs), but I even modified the STUE/$machine.dat as I had the CC1, I could jog and run programs at this point, so I tried to set several options of jumpers (mine is CC1)... had different errors couldn’t even jog on those options... well, so I went back to where I was able to try to jog, but now I can’t.

Thanks all, looking forward to start this project.

• KSS version?
    What did you change in $MACHINE.DAT, and why?
    If this is a GM KRC2, it should not have T2, only T1.
    If you can operate the robot in T1, your CC1 plug is probably correct, or at least mostly.
    If you used incorrect jumper plugs in place of CC1, you may have damaged the internal hardware.
    What are the error messages?

• Ok, that’s scares me.
    Kss v4.1.7 sp08.
    The controller is KRC 2 mp5 (as it says on the label next to the on switch)(under neath says (v) KRC2, they told me its from GM. And it has auto, T1 and T2 key switch.

I changed the $machine dat which is in the STUE folder not in the MADA folder; because I had to try and try.

The error that is presenting now is that I have the #1 - emergency stop at KS. I checked all the stop buttons and released them.
    And another error that keeps showing is #1331 - hpu- R1/background not correct.

In other hand, today I found a breaker near the batteries that is off, send you photos on this and the errors.
    (Ps: sorry if the photos are to large I’m on the cellphone, as soon as I get to the computer I’ll reduce them. )

Thanks in advance

• Thanks for the scary part, it made me to check the hardware inside the controller, and noticed a breaker switched off so I turn it back on and then I was able to jog it again.
    thanks for the hard part

Advertising from our partners