Plasma Torch Height Control

• In earlier versions of KSS, RSI only worked with FieldBus signals (DeviceNet, ProfiBus, etc). RSIEthernet was an add-on (or an alternate version of RSI?) to allow RSI to work with data streams over TCP/IP.

RSI since KSS 8.3 (8.2?) is inherently capable of working with either TCP/IP or FieldBus signals.

• for kss 5.6 am getting analog input 0-10V via analog "slice" wago devicenet terminal block that coresponds to torch height.

What needs for torch height adjustment?

ethernetrsixml 1.2 or rsi 2.3 techpackage?

• Kuka Xpert has documentation on KSS5.6 and all options. It does not include option EthernetRSIXML which you likely confused with EthernetKRLXML. And if you check the manuals you will know exactly which one to use.

Btw, there is also EthernetRSIXML 1.2 bit this option is for KSS5.3LR, not for KSS5.6. Just read the documentation.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I have ethernetrsixml v1.2 the documentetion also install files

says clear that is for kss 5.6 the information on kuka xpert are

possibly outdated...

The question is what is more suitable practically for torch height control

rsi 2.3 or ethernetrsixml 1.2 ?

• for kss 5.6 am getting analog input 0-10V via analog "slice" wago devicenet terminal block that coresponds to torch height.

What needs for torch height adjustment?

ethernetrsixml 1.2 or rsi 2.3 techpackage?

If you're using Devicenet to connect the Wago to the robot, then you don't need XML or TCP/IP.

• I have ethernetrsixml v1.2 the documentetion also install files

says clear that is for kss 5.6 the information on kuka xpert are

possibly outdated...

The question is what is more suitable practically for torch height control

rsi 2.3 or ethernetrsixml 1.2 ?

If that is the case then we are looking at different products. even so my comment still stands - you need to read documentation of your products and see what is their intended use.

The bottom line is that there are two different types of products:

"RSI" - used for real time (synchronous) communication. also has ability to process things and apply corrections to robot path.

"EKI" (EthernetKrlXML) - used for async messages. not real time. cannot apply corrections to robot path.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• EthernetKrlXML is different from EthernetRSIXML

EthernetKrlXML is not realtime EthernetRSIXML is realtime

Am asking RSI vs EthernetRSIXML (both realtime)..

Because i have only ethernetrsixml can i use it as simple

rsi without ethernet or with virtual ethernet at localhost?

Is there any example configs for RSI torch height control?

• i am not familiar with product you are referring to, can't help you there. read the manual and look at content of installer for examples. normally code examples are included with each product.

btw height control is possible even without RSI, using only function generator. function generator is standard part of KSS and manual for it is available on Xpert, and also it was shared here couple of times.

3) read 1 and 2

• Am asking RSI vs EthernetRSIXML (both realtime)..

That's a question that'll require you to dig into your TP documentation for. IIRC, RSI-XML was an add-on to "stock" RSI, but the technology was evolving rapidly at that time and I was never hands-on with all the versions. I would say your RSI-XML should be able to use regular fieldbus instead of TCP/IP, but only the documentation for your specific version can say for certain.

Advertising from our partners