Fanuc IRVision Applications

• Hello All,

Does Fanuc IR Vision offer any type of line scanning? We have an application where we would like to acquire an image that is about 5'x15', but would require some type of line scanning to work.

Please let me know if they're capable or if not, which other companies would be.

Thank you in advance!!!

• Hi
    Can you describe the application ?

I'm asking because if the FOV is 5x15, why dont you just get the prpoer lens at put the camera at the right height and examine the picture ?

Is it possible to be far enough away, without fish-eye, and maintain the accuracy of a few mm?

Also, what type of cameras do you guys recommend? Is there a high quality for cost camera you suggest?

Thank you for any help!

• FANUC offers you as "standard" either Sony XC56 analog camera or Kowa digital camera. Also the total cost depends on that. Maybe it's better for you to use Basler with iRVision software package + option R697 (for Gige camera).

• FANUC offers you as "standard" either Sony XC56 analog camera or Kowa digital camera. Also the total cost depends on that. Maybe it's better for you to use Basler with iRVision software package + option R697 (for Gige camera).

Thank you!

I find it crazy how hard it is to get any info from Fanuc on their options. It's almost like you just have to already know them.

• I find it crazy how hard it is to get any info from Fanuc on their options. It's almost like you just have to already know them.

I agree. For that matter, their entire website is lacking a lot of useful information.

• I agree. For that matter, their entire website is lacking a lot of useful information.

No doubt. I always give negative reviews on their lack of public documentation and how badly they hurt forums like they do here.

Fanuc does listen to their reviews pretty well. I recommend you guys do the same.

• Sorry for hijacking the thread.

What are the options for cameras on a M-10iA/12 with R30iB?

1) Sony XC-56 (640x480).
    2) Kowa(?) digital (1280x960?).
    3) Basler GigE camera (1920x1080?).

Am I correct? Will the controller be able to handle a 1080P-camera?

• Sony is obsolete and no longer an option for new robots on the Plus controller.

The Kowa was replaced by the CXV camera, an is new Fanuc standard. It has the same image sensor and resolution as the Kowa.

Basler is still an option but I prefer the cabling with the CXV.

Advertising from our partners