Variables to .csv/.xml/other export

• Dear Community,
    is there any way to export some variables (joint torques and velocities) cyclicly (~10-50ms) to a .csv/.xml/other extension? To be honest I was convinced that the Trace+Osciloscope tool allowed it, but it only allows image (osciloscope) export and I need the raw data for further analysis.

EDIT:
    KRC4, KSS 8.2.

Edited once, last by Witty ().

• On a KRC4, Under C:/KRC/UTIL, there should be a directory called OfflineTraceTool, which should contain some command-line utilities that, IIRC, will take all the data for a given trace from /KRC/Roboter/TRACE and create a combined tab-delimited text file.

On KRC2s, I think there was a small command-line tool that would do something similar.

• what controller, what KSS? please read READ FIRST

Apologies, I posted an EDIT.

On a KRC4, Under C:/KRC/UTIL, there should be a directory called OfflineTraceTool, which should contain some command-line utilities that, IIRC, will take all the data for a given trace from /KRC/Roboter/TRACE and create a combined tab-delimited text file.

Thank you, I will take a look at it on Monday, sounds as just what I'm looking for.

• Hello, in the meantime I realized that WorkVisual can also be used to analyze the trace data. Unfortunately, neither OfflineTraceTool nor WorkVisual can open my traces. When loading them, OfflineTraceTool posts an error of not being able to find any traces in selected path and WorkVisual does find the trace, but no channels are avaliable to be shown. What I did to copy my tace data from the robot to PC was just a copy of the whole folder C:\KRC\ROBOTER\Trace to a USB pendrive. Are there other ways to export trace data?

• You can use work visual to capture traces or ... open traces offline like you try to do.
    For this you need to create (specific) folder in Wov installation folder structure. Then your traces need to be placed there before you start wov. I think folder is to be named “TraceData” and in same place (side by side with) TraceConfiguration folder

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Unfortunately, that did not help. Creating the mentioned folders and moving my traces to them does not seem to help with anything. When I'm using the File -> Import/Export -> Import Trace Results to import my trace (tried both importing them from external location and from the Kuka Work Visual installation folder), I get the notification that it is uploaded successfully, but the "Trace Analysis (scope)" window looks as attached. I see my trace "witt_trace", but no channels are avaliable to be chosen.

• Any Trace generates several files inside the TRACE directory, with the same file name but different extensions. You should just copy the entire TRACE directory, then give the offline tool the name of the specific Trace you want to convert. This should take all the files for that Trace, and combine them into a single text file.

• Thank you for the help provided so far. I managed to open trace .r64 files with Matlab as a workaround to my problems regarding WorkVisual or OfflineTraceTool.
    Hopefully my last doubt in this aspect is: do the channels "DriveMotorTorq_Act(1-6)" store the real-value torques of the motors in each axis? This seems obvious that they should (regarding the name of the channels), but my measurments show the torques are suspiciously low. I do realise the motors are followed by gearboxes, but I would appreciate if anyone stated if the values shown in attached picture are reliable. The robot is KR6 R900 sixx with a tool weight of no more than 1kg, performing a horizontal SPLINE movement in T1 mode.

Advertising from our partners