My KRC2 HDD is missing

• I have bought a Kuka KR125/2 Tj 2001 with KRC2 from a company that has used it for cutting pork sides until between 2001 until 2009
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X_V9rVTj4c)

Then the robot was stored for almost 9 years until i bought it "dirt cheap" a couple months ago whithout the possibilty of testing it first.

My "dream" is to learn how to teach this robot wood milling, drilling, cutting etc. and I'm concidering using PowerMILL as CADCAM programming software.

However, both me and the robot has ALOT to learn. :love029:
    You see, I have no experience with robots. :icon_rolleyes:
    AND it turned out that the HDD was removed from the controller by the slaughter company here in Norway.. :wallbash:
    There is no way I can ask to have the HDD back, and there is no return policy for the robot.
    There was neither and SW CD's Floppy's or USB included.

So my question would be:
    1. Is there anyone out there that could help me sourcing the correct HDD (I have some experience recovering HDD partitions, BIOS management, Windows recovery etc)
    2. Is it possible to upgrade to WinXP and which is the newest KSS version I can install?
    3. Any recommendation for basic training programs/videos/books I should start with to learn all the techical aspect with setting up the controller, manipulator?

Hope there is someone out there that could help get me started chasing my "dream" :smiling_face:

The KRC2 spec indicates: Celeron 422, 64MB SD-RAM running Win95 and KSS 2.5.3 Build6 Mada v2.1.1,
    See attachement for more details.

• [size=2]you can contact local KUKA and ask for quote for replacement HDD.[/size]

[size=2]if you provide serial numbers of your unit, there should be no problem to get you replacement media for the software. [/size]

[size=2]current version of KRC2 software is KSS5.6.12[/size]
    [size=small][/size]
    [size=small]note that changing OS and KSS version requires new licenses. Embedded Windows license is on the order of $1k[/size]
    [size=2]KSS license is a lot more but feel free to ask for quote. [/size]

[size=2]as for training, it would hard to find KRC2 course these days. good news is that KSS is very compatible so KRC4 training would be just fine. it will take you 15min to get familiar with older teach pendant navigation.[/size]

[size=2]key resources are mentioned in pinned topic READ FIRST[/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners