How to show the world coordinates of tcp

• I have just attached a marker pen to my flange, it is offset 183mm in Z. I calibrated it by numeric input according to the manual.

Is there a way to display the exact position of the tcp in world coordinates, or will I have to get the flange position from menu -> Display -> actual position and then work out the world coordinates of my tcp relative to that?

• Ok solved.

I split screen the HMI. One half display -> actual position, other half calibrate -> tool -> numeric.

I added random coordinates to new tool. When I saved and it became the active tool the coordinates displayed in the actual position window updated.

Conclusion:

When a tool is selected the cartesian coordinates displayed in display -> actual position are referenced from the TCP. When no tool is active the center of the flange is a stand in for the TCP.

• That's not always correct. $TOOL contains the XYZABC values of the active tool. When you use the pendant menu to select Tool X, $TOOL gets updated to match the values stored in TOOL_DATA[ X ]. Tool 0 is a "shortcut" to "no tool active," which sets $TOOL to all 0s, the center of the Axis 6 mounting flange.

However, if you select Tool 1, then change the values of TOOL_DATA[1], $TOOL will not update to match, until you select another Tool, then select Tool 1 again, from the menu.

• That's not always correct. $TOOL contains the XYZABC values of the active tool. When you use the pendant menu to select Tool X, $TOOL gets updated to match the values stored in TOOL_DATA[ X ]. Tool 0 is a "shortcut" to "no tool active," which sets $TOOL to all 0s, the center of the Axis 6 mounting flange.

However, if you select Tool 1, then change the values of TOOL_DATA[1], $TOOL will not update to match, until you select another Tool, then select Tool 1 again, from the menu.

Good to know. I will look into this

Advertising from our partners