[SOLVED] Can't download to controller

• New problem new thread, hoping to get some responses this time. M2000 s4c+ 2400L with RW 4.0

I deleted all my programs and performed a C-start. There are no systems on the controller.

When I try to download a new system through RobInstall, via the service cable through the service port, it tells me "A system with the same name as the selected system already exists on the controller. Rename the system or remove the duplicate on the controller."

There are no systems on the controller.

I've tried renaming the system several times. No luck.

I can ftp in through the LAN port, it's got the msc, bin, and I think system.dir files and an empty temp folder.

I appreciate any help I can get

Edited once, last by kb ().

• I get the same error message over and over, here's a snip of it. I've tried renaming several times, tried creating new systems with new names, etc, with the same result.

My only windows XP PC doesn't recognize that an ethernet cable is plugged in, nor will it recognize its floppy drive.

Windows 7 and 10 will both connect but they both have that name error. Can anyone tell me if the files on hd0a here are correct, for having no system installed? Should I erase or add from a backup? (I couldn't use a complete backup because we're adding the 7th axis, so an entirely new system is needed)

• I ended up using an XP machine to make floppy disks, then copied them to a floppy-formatted USB one by one and loaded the system successfully. (If anyone needs this, I used the Ketron floppy emulator software, google it.)

• Hello,

We are the same problem and would like to know if some people have been able to fix this problem,

without downloading the system through a floppy drive ?

Thanks in advance to your help.

Advertising from our partners