hard and soft envelope errors staubli RX90 CS7

• i have sudden hard and soft envelope errors. First error mentioned motor 2, subsequently all attempts to move the arm , including using pendant, trip the arm power.
    individual attempts to move motor 1, 2 3,4, all trip the arm power. any help appreciated greatly

• thanks for your reply,
    are you referring to the dallas chip clock battery in the sio board ?
    we had an issue there about three years ago,
    different error messages and led indicators highlighted that malfunction.
    am i overlooking another battery somewhere ?

regards

• We have the cabinet open at the back , cannot see any battery. Looking closely at all the led indicators.We have an identical robot and controller doing a similar task, all the led inticators are matching and look ok . Could anyone suggest parts to swap over ? We are not sure but suspect a sensitivity issue . The arms move freely , we have checked and tested all the wires from the motors to the amplifiers. Appreciate any input thanks.

• Dear TygerDawg
    We have a round black capacitor in the back, shortly after turning off, we took a reading of around 190v
    the voltage slowly reduced after shut down, our second robot( fully functioning) did the same. regards

• Dear TygerDawg

Sorry to bug you with my problem
    There is a lot reference to the back up battery as you described.
    There is an image of it with an RPT board and switch in the manual. (along with position description)
    Both our controllers do not have it.
    the boards on the front are 030 SIO MI-6 ACB
    is one of these doing the work of the RPT possibly ?

kind regards

• installed new motor 2 and robot went to home position ok.
    no more hard or soft envelope errors.
    a new error "amplifier error motor 1"
    the amplifier card has an orange over current light comes on for a couple of seconds before going red .
    any clues ?

• Skyrange,

Looks like you have a problem with the amplifier card. Swap it with your working robot. Also, for clarification, if you have an 030/SIO/ACB/MI6 boards you don't have the large backup battery in the controller. Your system uses resolvers instead of encoders to maintain calibration with power off. The large battery was used in the AWCII versions of the controller.

Regards, John

• Redwingz

You are correct, thanks for that.
    my original hard and soft envelope errors were caused by a faulty selector switch on the brake board on the arm.

Advertising from our partners