Returning home with CRobT

• Hello, i am sitting on 3 abb robots with irb 6400 controllers. The robots work well and can run the programs i have saved. I am working on my return home programe now and i have a problem. I want to use Crobt to save the current robot target and then use the date as number registers

Example:
    Current_pos=CRobT (tool)(wobj) (this part works)
    Reg1=Current_pos.x
    Reg2=Current_pos.y
    Reg3=Current_pos.z

Then if statments until my robot is back in the home pos. My controllers will not let me brack out the indiviguleXYZ axises. How can i do this? I dont need the registers 1,2,3 to be dinamic just a snap shot of when they are scanned.

I am coming from a few years of Fanuc experience and this is the way i have been doing my return home code. But the more i look at it the more i think i might have to use the world zones

Thank you for reading add bones of a joke for the next time you are working with a robot guy.

Why couldn't the robot go home..
    There was no point

• Hi,

Here's how it works:

Current_pos=CRobT(\Tool:=myTool\wobj:=mywobj)
    Reg1=Current_pos.trans.x
    Reg2=Current_pos.trans.y
    Reg3=Current_pos.trans.z

Here's how the dataobject Robtarget is build:

dataobject of robtarget >
    < trans of pos >
    < x of num >
    < y of num >
    < z of num >
    < rot of orient >
    < q1 of num >
    < q2 of num >
    < q3 of num >
    < q4 of num >
    < robconf of confdata >
    < cf1 of num >
    < cf4 of num >
    < cf6 of num >
    < cfx of num >
    < extax of extjoint >
    < eax_a of num >
    < eax_b of num >
    < eax_c of num >
    < eax_d of num >
    < eax_e of num >
    < eax_f of num >

Hope this helps,

Jeroen

• Thank you Jeroen.

I am currently working on the teach pendent and could npt find how to enter the trans or even how to click on my RobTarget so I tyeped it in letter by letter and it worked!
    Your the man!

• I am currently working on the teach pendent and could npt find how to enter the trans or even how to click on my RobTarget so I tyeped it in letter by letter and it worked!

Sometimes that's the easiest way - short of transferring a file back and forth.

Edited once, last by Iowan ().

• Hi Gallagej,

An additional info, Robot studio is the simulation software for ABB robot and you can download it from ABB website. It has unlimited validity for online & offline programming, no license required.

BR,
    Robot-freak

• And remember that different from Fanuc, where you need fancy options to upload a ASCII program to the controller, in ABB you can save you program in a flash drive (or in diskette if it's old robot), edit in any text editor and then load again in the robot.
    And as Robot Freak told, you can download RobotStudio for free form ABB site. Of course you told it's a IRB6400 which is a old robot, where you can't connect directly using RobotStudio, but you always can use RobotStudio to just edit your program offline.

Advertising from our partners