Movement speed

• Hi guys,

I have a problem, I try to increase the speed on a single linear movent from 2000 mm/sec to 4000.
    But robot still go slow. This change of speed has not change nothing.

Any idea? Maybe some variable block this increase?

I have put ACC50 but nothing. Robot still do this movement slowly.

Thanks

• I really don't know much about speed limits on single instructions but the actual robot speed during motion instruction depends on many factors and not only the command speed (the speed in the instruction).
    Assuming you have constant override (%) the other thing that affects robot actual speed is the interpolation, in other words, instructions before that one.

Which instructions are before and after that one in particular? How far are those points?

• I have also had robots "slow down" when traveling through singularity as well.

The acceleration override motion option specifies the acceleration/deceleration override value for
    each axis during motion. Acceleration override shortens or lengthens the acceleration time when the
    robot moves from a starting position to the destination position. Acceleration override is programmed
    at the destination position.
    The acceleration override value ranges from 20 to 150%. This value is a percentage of the
    acceleration. For example, an acceleration override of 50 means the robot will take twice as long to
    accelerate or decelerate.

If you could post the lines of programming it may be easier to assist you. Be sure to include a few lines before and after the slow motion.

• This is the program.

Robot pickup an object and them get him to another PR.

61: ;
    62: TIMER[5]=STOP ;
    63: TIMER[5]=RESET ;
    64: TIMER[5]=START ;
    65: ;
    66: CALL TAKEPEN ;
    67: ;
    68:L PR[1] 2000mm/sec CNT20 Tool_Offset,PR[41] ACC70 ;
    69: ;
    70:L PR[1] 2500mm/sec CNT50 Tool_Offset,PR[42] ;
    71: ;
    72: ;
    73:L PR[1] 3000mm/sec CNT100 Tool_Offset,PR[43] ACC60 ;
    74: ;
    75: LBL[900] ;
    76: END ;
    /POS

Takepen only close the tool.

In other robot the program accelerate correctly. For this reason I think maybe there is some variable that lock speed in linear movement. Joint speed is highest obviously.

Edited once, last by MUNIACO ().

• Are all of these motions slow or just one?

If you remove the ACC you should see a difference right away. Those movements are significantly going to be slower than expected with the 2000 2500 and 3000. Just by removing these it should help.

You could also try to just increase them by 10 at a time to be safe.

If you remove the ACC you should see a difference right away. Those movements are significantly going to be slower than expected with the 2000 2500 and 3000. Just by removing these it should help.

Thanks. Tomorrow I will try.

In fact this offsets movement is used to be sure to pickup one object by time. So this movement are very closed between them.

And all this motions are slow.

Advertising from our partners