Help! KUKA KRC4 SmartPAD unable to establish connection to KRC

• Hi guys, I'm new to KUKA and robotics and I'm trying to use the SmartPAD. Turned on the power supply for KUKA, and there was no error showing out at first. However the first window pops out. After around a minute the error message pops out (pic 2). The error message says " Unable to establish connection to KRC. Robot control not possible." What can I do?

• First image clearly shows HMI window so connection was fine there
    But second image shows no connection.

If both are taken minute or so apart I would expect loose connection somewhere.

You can try reconnecting smartpad (X19), connecting external monitor to see if HMI show's anything odd.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I have connected to a monitor and it requested a password. I logged in but all I have now is the same message again. I tried replugging the smartPAD but still same results. Is there anywhere I can look for?

• ok... that narrows it down...
    smartPad is fine. Issue is either corrupted WoV project or installation (C:\)

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• projects are under C:\KRC\USER\ProjectRoot
    but that will not help you much, i would recommend restoring system using backup image if you have it

3) read 1 and 2

• projects are under C:\KRC\USER\ProjectRoot
    but that will not help you much, i would recommend restoring system using backup image if you have it

I found the folder under C:\KRC\USER\ProjectRoot but there isn't any corrupted file :sadsmiley: :sadsmiley: (since the files are dated back to 2016)
    I will try finding the recovery USB by asking the prof in charge of the lab. Thanks anyways.

• Hi.

I have the same problem as above.

There is a recovery USB. Can You tell me steps to take to do a recovery .

Thanks in advance.

• Start by connecting it(the recovery key) to your computer, the documentation for recovery should be in it.(.\Recovery\Help for mine)

You should definitely start by doing a backup of your drives so you don't lose any important data.

I don't know if it's the same for other controllers, but for krc5, you need to plug in an external monitor, a mouse, a keyboard and the usb key to your controller and reboot it.

After that, you restore the drive image from the recovery partition.

Edited once, last by kovaley ().

• As far as I know there is kuka recovery USB stick. Firstly I have to find out if there is Made a rocovery image on that stick before.

• password - 68kuka1secpw59

from the image,it seems SMARTHMI crashed .Connect a monitor and check it the display is available on Monitor

Copy/Paste the SMartHMI folder from other healthy images and check if it is restoring or not.

If the issues not resolve you need to restore the image.

• then you can contact KUKA and ask for image.

if you need help or tips, please state some details. you still did not state what exactly you have there. do you see HMI running on external monitor? what is the KSS version? can you make backup or archive?

at any rate i would suggest to start by making backup now. that way you at least have starting point... then you can play with it. if you don't have earlier backup you could try reinstalling same KSS from D:

3) read 1 and 2

• Did a recovery With Kuka recovery USB stick , selecting recovery img from recovery partition . Now there is few errors . Of course robot is not working.

I am new to this. What would be first thing to start with? Also in user group, there is only operator mode, no expert mode etc. Thanks in advance.

• is the project in restored image matching this system configuration? you can expect issues if devices on bus are different or something was added or removed or it the cabinet was paired with different type arm but restore image is not updated...

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners