Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

• Hi guys,

I am trying to synchronise with my KUKA controller (for KUKA iiwa 14 robot) then i got the following issue popping up in the HMI:

Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Anybody knows how to solve it?

Would pretty much appreciate it!

Walter.

• Thanks for your answer.

Kind of made it work.

A work-around; By changing the compiler version (see attachment) to 1.6. I remember however in the past I did not use project specific settings.

If this is the case, I draft the idea that the Java runtime is running in the KUKA controller and from our side we have a sort of different pre-compiler. Is there any way we can update the controller Java version? Does this make sense?

My Sunrise Workbench - 1.11.0.7 :merci:

Anyway, hope this is useful if anybody finds the same error.

BR\Walter

• Posting for posterity and future Googlers:

There is actually a solution that involves updating the JRE version on the robot controller. I updated to JRE7.

You can remote desktop into the controller (default IP is 172.31.1.147) with username: ~\KukaUser and password: 68kuka1secpw59

Then, you can download the x86 version of the newer Java distro from https://www.oracle.com/java/te…e7-archive-downloads.html.

Copy and paste the executable from the local computer onto the controller, and run the executable on the controller.

Make sure Java installs in C:/KRC/JRE (be sure to check the little box on the first page of the installation wizard). To be safe, it is best to backup the old JRE folder before replacing it.

Tada!

Edited once, last by BasilHo: Corrected directory, whoops ().

Advertising from our partners