Shifting program around axis

• The best way to do this would probably be to program all of the points in a user frame, then adjust the user frame to rotate the program. You should be able to modify a user frame in a program, although it may take a little digging to figure out how.

• Do you want to rotate the whole program around the user frame's axes, or do you want to rotate each point around each point's axes?

As far as program adjust limits, those are all handled in the $PRGADJ system variable.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• I wrote a program a while ago that will rotate a program around its own userframe in Z in TP. Check out the thread here.

HawkME in that thread also goes over how to do it with the matrix function from the vision support tools option.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Here's a standalone offline utility I wrote to preform this function on LS files, feel free to use it. You'll need to have the ascii upload option on the robot in order to reload the LS files.

Run it, select the program you wish to shift, enter the number of degrees(between -360 and 360) and press the "Rotate By Degrees" button. Then, select the destination to save the file to and press the save button.

This program currently only works if you have a user frame without rotation, I will be adding the ability to add that later.

Advertising from our partners