DX100 switching from General Application to Handling Application

• Hopefully someone can help me. We have numerous DX100 robot controllers with the same robot... all running the handling application.

We are in the midst of recommissioning a line and realized that one robot is running the General application. I have contacted Yaskawa and they have indicated I will need a tech to come onsite and switch the controller from General to Handling because the Yaskawa access mode is required.

Since we have numerous robots with same controller and robot, is there a way I can clone one of the "handling" pcmcia cards and install it in the "general" robot and re-initialize? or do I need to bite the bullet and $$$ for a tech.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi , no you cannot Clone the Applcation from another controller , your Yaskawa rep. Is correct .controller needs to be reinitalized using “Secret Squirrel “ code.
    Do remember however, that you can use any application for a range of uses, the 4 x basic initalized applications ( Arc welding - Spot welding- Handling- General Purpose) are only to make the software friendly, they do not stop you from using a , example , Arc welding applcation for Handling etc.

you can use any application for a range of uses

This is absolutely true, but keep in mind that the concurrent i/o maps differently depending on the application. Mainly a concern if you have network I/O to configure (e.g. Ethernet/IP).

Advertising from our partners