pipe welding with rotary positioner; Constant weave at point

• Hi Everyone,

Is there any option available in abb for welding pipe with rotary weld positioner? I need to perform weave to fill the root and then cap, robot need to weave on same position because rotary weld positioner rotate the pipe.
    So the robot must constant weave at same position until pipe rotate 360. Currently I program as a temporary solution as moveL p1, p2, p3=p2, p4=p1 in continues loop. Please let me know your comments how can i simply this program. :help:

sandeep

• I’ve never done it but wouldn’t arcstart on 0 degrees and arcstop being at 360 degrees with the robot position at the same spot the weave is an optional argument for your weld instruction..turn it on. If your using an irc5 then tap the arcstart instruction, select optional arguments at the bottom, highlight weave and select use. Ok, done. Then you need to set up your weave data. Unless you choose weave data to populate the placemat, you need to either choose pre made weave data or create some.
    All this info can be found in the arc and arc sensor manual... try google to locate the manual if you don’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by jarm ().

• Hi jarm,

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately only Arc option isn't available in s4c+. Following options available ArcL, ArcC, Arckill, ArcRefresh options available. Do you think any other way we can only weave at single point, Let me know your comments :help:

sandeep

• Hi jarm,

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately only Arc option isn't available in s4c+. Following options available ArcL, ArcC, Arckill, ArcRefresh options available. Do you think any other way we can only weave at single point, Let me know your comments :help:

Really? I wouldn’t think that. Maybe someone else can shed some light on why the weave argument isn’t included in your controller

• Really? I wouldn’t think that. Maybe someone else can shed some light on why the weave argument isn’t included in your controller

Hi jarm, Seam, Weld, Weave data is available in my controller. Only Weaving at same position doesn't work for me so far. Let's take an example for better understanding: I created a point 0,0 on test piece which is ArcL/ArcC, p1, v100, Fine, Sm1,Wd1, Wv1, Tool 1 . All I wanna do is weave at same point until my rotary positioner complete one rotation :backtotopic:

Let me know your comments :fine:

sandeep

• My guess is that the robot does not weave because there is no forward motion. Maybe you can do offsets to simulate the weaving process.

Hi Lemster68,

You're correct because there is no forward motion it's not weaving. I saw fanuc robot which weaving on same position, I thought abb may also have similar option. I tried couples of method to simulate weaving process so far no luck. Will give a try tomorrow your method. Thanks :respect:

sandeep

• Hi Lemster68,

You're correct because there is no forward motion it's not weaving. I saw fanuc robot which weaving on same position, I thought abb may also have similar option. I tried couples of method to simulate weaving process so far no luck. Will give a try tomorrow your method. Thanks :respect:

Try putting a little space between your start and stop. 1/4 inch or so. What’s your weld speed setting?

Advertising from our partners