Need help with external 7th axis Kuka

• Hi our robot is a R350 KRC2 V4.1.6 SP3, Win95 I just installed an external axis which we bought plug and play,

Kuka Servomotor 1FK6100-8AF91-1ZZ9-Z S49
    KSD1-32

I plug in all the wires start it up, and all seems find till I try to enable drives, I get 2 errors,
    1228 Ackn. ballast switch energized for to long PM1
    1249 Ackn. feedback Switch to long on PM1 While charging

when I close the drive contactor it sounds like the fans even slow down for a bit and than the error msg appears

I tried a different bus cable, same results,
    also tried a different KSD1-32 same results.

I thought maybe I just need to configure the drive, I used KUKA Config External Axis, selected the servo from the drop down catalog list, enter all the info by following the KUKA external axis manual
    $EX_AX_NUM = 1
    $AXYS_TYPE = ROTATIONAL
    mOTOR TYPE B(1FK6100)
    $KT0_MOT =1.41
    $KT_MOT=1.25
    $RAISE_T_MOT=5.0
    $RAT_MOT_ENC N=1, D=4

$DSECHANNEL=7
    $PMCHANNEL=21
    $SERVOFILE=
    $AXIS_RESO=4096
    $CURR_MAX=9.5
    $CURR_CALL=1
    $CURR_LIM=100
    $CURR_COM_EX=100
    $INC_EXTAX=10.0
    $IN_POS_MA=0.2
    $CURR_MON=15
    $RED_VEL_AXC=50
    $RED_ACC_AXC=50
    $RED_ACC_OV=100
    $VEL_AXIS_MA=400
    $G_VEL_PTP=80
    $G_VEL_CP=80
    $I_VEL_PTP=500
    $I_VEL_CP=500
    $LG_PTP=0.5
    $LG_CP=0.300000012
    $G_COE_CUR=85
    $APO_DIS_PTP=90
    $AXIS_DIR=1
    $SOFTN_END=-180
    $SOFTP_END=180
    $RAT_MOT_AX N=185, D=1
    $MAMES=0.0
    $VEL_AX_JUS=0.0500000007
    $SEN_DEL=0.0
    $L_EMT_MAX=0.5
    $RAISE_TIME=1000
    $RED_ACC_EMX=100
    $DECEL_MB=1000
    $BRK_MODE

any idea why it would do that?

thanks

• Ok I figure it out, the X17 Polarity was wrong, It still doesn't make sense to me cause I tested with a multimeter and the positive of x17 was going to +UG of the drive
    once I switch those wires it all worked.
    attached is a picture of which wire goes where on the plug.

Also X12 has be in the right polarity for the brakes to release.

• Hey guys,
    I'm having problems running a 7th axis, i did and rehearse the upper post you provide, but I can't still jog the axis. When i go to the pendant I see the E-1, but doesn't jogs; and I try to accelerate the velocity, doesn't accelerates. I click on it, but nothing happens.

The servo motor of the 7th axis that I'm using is the 1FK7083-5AF81-1SH3-Z S11.

I´m proud owner of a Kuka Kr150 L150 sp/2 2001, a Controller KRc2 Mp5 (125/2; 150/2; 200/2) , and pendant is Krc1, running software version KRc V4.1.6 sp3 / GUI version V3.3.76 B207., Kernel version KS V4.83.

Thanks
    Jorge
    Nacar bot
    DR

• iljalways: Yes, I can hear the brake release when press the deadman but the robot do not move.

Skyefire: These are the values and the messages we have:

Status Message:
    102 - Encoder cable failure A7
    119 - Motor Temperature E1
    108 - Dynamic Braking Active

The SIR I can't get the "I" to become GREEN. It stays the RED "O".

$RAT_MOT_AX[7] N=185, D=1

Don't know how to get to the Position Monitor.

• Hey...
    so i'll try to explain you as best as i can, my partner who knows best is busy during the morning. thank you.

so I connected this cables, also will include photos to help out:

- at the motor it has 2 cables, both gently connected as they have small pins, so one goes to the back of the robot, and connected it above the 6th cable, leaving one open on top. and the 2nd one at the controller at X7.E1.

- so inside the controller, i disconected the N6/X1 from the servo drive, and coneccted to a N6.X1-N6.X1 EXT (like an extension), so one went out to the N6.X1 servo drive, and to cables from it goes to the N7.X1. all connected as it should and tight.

iljalways: you were able to changed the polarity of the cables, but how did you unplugged them, in the first place. please let me know how you did, i don't want to cut any cable.

thanks all..

• We monitored the RDW and we are getting an error from axis 7.

It looks to me like there is no power getting to the motor, so the resolver/encoder is not receiving power, so is not communicating with the RDW.

Look attached picture from the DSERDW window.

panic mode: Do you need more explanation than what is above with the picture?

• well.... where do i start...?

You did not read READ FIRST. if you did you would know where to look for info (KSS messages manual, available in download section).

This forum is free but many users do not appreciate what they get, and what it takes to keep this place free. many valuable posts have been sacrificed multiple times due to budget and HDD space limitations, forum was down many times. and yet, here we are, you are posting large files and wasting valuable resources. i understand you need help, but why don't you help us help you? how about resizing those attachments to something more reasonable?

That is a complete hack job, resolver cable is not connected properly. missing strain relief for resolver cable, shields are not connected to RDW box.

Also did you check cable and motor connections? Easiest way is to unplug resolver cable from RDW (keep other end connected to motor) and measure resistances on four pairs of wires. if any circuit is open, you got bad motor or cable. if they are all ok (similar to measurement of other resolvers) then motor and cable are most likely ok and problem is RDW.

EDIT...

Thank you for resampling those image....

Any progress or new symptoms?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

Advertising from our partners