Controlling multiple KUKA robots using one SIMATIC S7-1500

• :help: KUKA.PLC mxAutomation block library for TIA PORTAL v14

Using a suitable SIMATIC controller, up to five KUKA robots can be controlled separately from each other in the standard configuration with the aid of the
    KUKA.PLC mxAutomation block library. For this purpose, the data block supplied with the KUKA.PLC mxAutomation block library provides five data arrays for data exchange between the SIMATIC controller and the robot.

Well, Importing the block library and Extracting the block library is the fundamental step for me. I don't know so much the Kuka Robots Software.

"Before you can use the KUKA.PLC mxAutomation block library in your user program, you must apply the function blocks of the block library to your TIA Portal project. The KUKA.PLC mxAutomation block library for TIA Portal is supplied as a global library from which all function blocks of the block library can be applied to a TIA Portal project using drag and drop."

"To be able to use the global library for TIA Portal, please extract the global library archive to a suitable location on the hard drive of your programmer"

YES! I Will, BUT... How can I do this? Many Thanks.

• Place your Ad here!
  • [size=2]you just quoted bunch of statements from KUKA documentation and your question is how to extract files from some compressed file... ?[/size]
    [size=2]And the only product version you mentioned was for TIA PORTAL. [/size]

[size=2][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]I would suggest reading pinned topic READ FIRST[/color][/size]

[size=2][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/color][/size]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/color]

[color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/color]
    [size=2]to extract content of some archive (ZIP, RAR etc.) you ill need suitable software (WinZip, WinRAR, 7Zip). for some time now, Windows can use ZIP files natively.[/size]
    [size=2]extracting files is normally done by right-clicking on container file and selecting "Extract to..."[/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• [size=2]Assuming this is something recent, we are PROBABLY talking about MXA 2.x[/size]
    [size=2]in that case:[/size]
    [size=2]1. go to your robot and login as Expert[/size]
    [size=2]2. connect USB stick to controller, you should see new drive appear in Navigator[/size]
    [size=2]3. navigate to D:\TECH_OPT and copy folder named MXA to your USB stick[/size]
    [size=2]4. take your USB stick to laptop with Step7 software[/size]
    [size=2]5. folder "MXA\DOC" will contain several manuals including "S7_Library_mxAutomation_20_en.pdf". use it...[/size]
    [size=2]6. folder "MXA\Library PLC\Siemens S7" contains file "MxALib_V20.zip". use it...[/size]

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• [size=2]1. go to your robot and login as Expert[/size] I do not have a physical robot.

[size=2]3. navigate to D:\TECH_OPT and copy folder named MXA to your USB stick[/size] At robot controller?

[size=2]5. folder "MXA\DOC" will contain several manuals including "S7_Library_mxAutomation_20_en.pdf". use it...[/size]
    [size=2]6. folder "MXA\Library PLC\Siemens S7" contains file "MxALib_V20.zip". use it...[/size]

Yes, sorry and thanks. I did not put a robot model because I interpret that the function blocks of the MXA library for communications do not change.

In principle I want to try a KUKA QUANTEC with KR C4 technology (SIM) As programming environments I have installed KUKA.WorkVisual v4.0, Kuka Sim Layout 3.0, KUKA.Sim pro 3.0 (Of Course: OfficeLite isn't included in Sim 3.0?) for Robotic, and for PLC and SCADA Siemens Tia Portal v14 Pro SP1 Update 5. (Windows 8.1)

I have already extracted the GSD and GSDML files from KUKA.WorkVisual v4.0 (DeviceDescriptions \ GSDML) as indicated by The Leg in another post of this magnificent forum. After that, I can insert devices KR C4 and others into Tia Portal withouts problems. But the FB blocks are at MXA Library...

Well, the objective is to know the robot that a team of KUKA Medical Robotics has adapted and perfected for its use in Medical Robotics: The ARTIS Pheno from Siemens. This robot is working in the hospital, and it is not possible to access its controller. I'm Technic on Automation and Industrial Robotics and student of Sup. Deg. on BMET.

The question would be: In a simulated Quantec, is it possible to obtain such files?
    If yes, where are they? If not, could someone share these files with me to test it?

Many thanks for your help. :top:

• [size=1em]Talk to your seller. As long as you have a proof of sale or controller serial number and software license number, I don't see a big deal to have software sent to you electronically (FTP) so you can start familiarizing or working with it...[/size]

[size=1em]When it comes to simulation, SimPro is only graphical simulation, focus is on robot arm, it has no clue about controller. [/size]

[size=1em]Controller is where magic happens. Controller handles a lot - energy transfer, driving robot arm, provides variety of interfaces, programming environment, communicates with rest of the world via some fieldbus etc. so when talking about SOFTWARE products and configuration - controller is what you need to focus on, not the robot arm. and that means when you ask for help, you need to mention SOFTWARE product versions (KSS, MXA, ProfiNet etc.). Manipulator type is irrelevant here.[/size]

[size=1em]Controller is simulated in OfficeLite (it is included with SimPro) or with OPS (Offline Programming Station).[/size]

[size=1em]OL is a pure software simulation of controller. Only certain aspects are simulated so there are restrictions on what can be done with it. key feature is portability.[/size]

[size=1em]OPS is a hardware product (KPC packed into a form of a desktop PC). it is a better substitute for KRC but it is not as portable as OL.[/size]

3) read 1 and 2

• I have a 14 days trial of Kuka software.
    So, this is the time to testing virtual controller.
    OfficeLite isn't included in the Sim 3.0 trial version.

As you say, and if I understand correctly, it is only possible to have this library from the real controller, and not from the virtual controller ( OfficeLite)

Using the KUKA.PLC mxAutomation block library, the SIMATIC controller takes full control of the KUKA industrial robot.... :wallbash:
    https://cache.industry.siemens…utomation_DOKU_v11_en.pdf

• Quote from panic mode link=action=profile;u=50511 date=1523217511

do NOT ask for copies of licensed software or you will be banned!!!

Where I demand copy of software?
    The archive of a local library is a copy of software?

What will you tell me?, The forum is full of demands and links to software?

You have shared links to software, to manuals with copyright, and now you will ban me?

Your ego is bigger than you knowledge... I repport these to the founder, we dont will people as you.

• [size=2]because i removed that part of your post and i told you that this requires license.
    if you need to get copy of software that is fine, just contact your seller or manufacturer and see if they provide it without proof of purchase. and if you have it, why is this a problem?

well-being of this forum and people seeking help is more important than your personal wants. i would rather not have Kuka step in and ban all kuka material like another major robot maker did.

you are here two days, contributed nothing and try raising hell...what is with the entitlement of the new generation...?
    [/size]

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().