Kuka Profibus connection with Siemens CM 1242-5 Slave board

• After having quite some troubles making the right configuration in WoV so that finally the KRC has a profibus connection to my S7-1200 plc, I still have a error message (see attach)

Working with a KRC4-Compact and a ethercad coupler EK1100, I had the option to choose master EL6731 or slave EL6731-0010, I choose to make the robot master and to use a slave to expand the amount of IO for the robot. And in this way use the plc as slave and to control a supplying station for the robot by this plc.

Using X61 to connect my siemens profinet to. It took some time to find out that X55 needed to be supplied by 24V (pin 5 and 6). In this way the Beckhoff Extension bus (sys-x44) alias EK1100 was powered on and could be found by the internal Ethercad network (after restart). that made my Estack error also finally dissapear.

imported GSD file in DTM catalog. Add to Master profibus IO. Configure master with slave adress. configure siemens slave in WoV with input byte on slot 1 and output byte on slot 2. all seem to go well, but both beckhoff and siemens still had error leds on profibus connection. After trying a lot of different things finally I found out that both slots needed to be switched in order to have the profibus connection running without error leds on both master and slave. JJ

Still no data exchange after mapping my slave IO with KRC IO and having the error which can be seen in the attachment. I asked kuka service. After a few emails forward and back checking several settings I got the answer that Siemens CM 1242-5 is not supported..

A little strange when both master and slave are running by profibus protocol without errors. Anyone a suggestion???
    or should I purchase yet another profibus device hoping that it is supported by kuka..

• [size=2]what version of GSD file you use? [/size][size=small]i went through trouble of registering with Siemens to get attached file.[/size]

[size=2]it did not work with WoV4.0.24 but it compiled fine with WoV4.0.28 (download from http://www.kuka.com)[/size]

• Ok downloading WoV version V4.0.28 at the moment. I'll try it. I didn't have a problem to import, add and configure the gsd file of Siemens though. It is just that there is no correct transfer of IO, but just a error while profibus line is working. I'll put the gsd file in the attachment (I had to change the extension in order to be able to attach at the post, so remove ".doc" to import in DTM catalogue).

As mentioned before, KUKA service told me that this device (+gsd file) isn't supported by WorkVisual. But I find that strange for an answer after coming this far..

Advertising from our partners