Copying User Frames

• Hey Guys, I have an indexing turntable. I have a user frame setup. Lets call it userframe 1. I have a detailed path and userframe taught for it. Now I have indexed my table to position 2. In theory it is exactly the same but in reality it is not. Which I expected. But now I want to duplicate user frame 1 into user frame 2, then my whole program containing my path and call it "index 2" and switch the points to work off of user frame 2. This is where i am having the issue. When I duplicate the program, I don't know how to keep the exact same points but switch the user frame.

The pathing is going to change a little bit index to index but I want to start with the same base because it is a pretty long program.

Thanks
    Kevin

• Another method, if you have the ASCII loader option, is to take the program offline as a .ls file, open it up, go down to the position area, and do a find and replace of the UF: 1 to UF: 2 (or whatever your new frame number is), then load the new program.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Another method, if you have the ASCII loader option, is to take the program offline as a .ls file, open it up, go down to the position area, and do a find and replace of the UF: 1 to UF: 2 (or whatever your new frame number is), then load the new program.

I would really like to know how to do this. It would be useful for multiple things, how do I know if I have this option? It was a customer supplied robot. 710ic. The teach pendant does have a screen different from normal, it looks more modern.

• Under the Utilities menu, choose UFrame Offset. Select the program then arrow down to the next page and set the begining and destination frames. It doesn't sound like you will want to convert the position data. Then execute.

-Phil

I should mention in the actual "path" i use regular positions. Not position registers. I only used position registers for stuff like Home, and Pounce, where the position is not important and can be shared

• I would really like to know how to do this. It would be useful for multiple things, how do I know if I have this option? It was a customer supplied robot. 710ic. The teach pendant does have a screen different from normal, it looks more modern.

Take a look in your summary.dg file from a MD backup. You should see an option called Ascii Program Loader R796 or Ascii Upload R507. Something along the lines of ASCII. Easiest way to find out is to print a program, then try to load it. If it loads, you have it, if not you have to buy it ($500).

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Nation´s method is the safest

As I understand you have a piece mounted on a tooling that is indexed in two positions
    You created your program using USERFRAME[1], but want to run the same program in a different index position

Optionally you can redefine USERFRAME[1] dynamically before calling your application program

Store the original USERFRAME[1] into a position register

PR[x]=USERFRAME[1]

Redefine USERFRAME[1] at the second index position and store it into a different position REGISTER

Now, you have the two USERFRAMES stored as position registers

Just redefine USERFRAME[1] before calling the application program

USERFREME[1]=PR[x]

Edited once, last by robotero ().

Advertising from our partners