Encoder Line Tracking Queue - Skip part logic

• Hi All,

I keep getting an error for part "Track destination gone" essentially what I have is 3 robots picking off a conveyor and placing in a tray former conveyor. When the robots pick up the part off conveyor 1 and move to conveyor 2 sometimes conveyor 2 is still moving so the robot waits to drop the part. By this time the next part in the queue is almost at the end of the boundary on conveyor 1. When the robot returns it tries to pick it up at the end of the boundary and errors out.

Can someone help provide some insight on what I can do to skip the next part in the queue. At this point I would rather let the part exit the boundary and let the robot go for the next available.

Extra info:
    M430iA robot, using line tracking with an encoder as the trigger upstream. 3 robots each with their own boundary reading a queue picking up parts on the conveyor.

• In my tracking programs, I read the robot World position when above the item, but before landing for pickup, and skip the pickup if past certain border.
    This does not completely eliminate possibility of the track destination gone, but significantly reduces it.

Advertising from our partners