Connect a Schunk gripper to an IIWA

• Hello,
    I'm trying to connect a Schunk gripper (EGN 160 with ECM controller) in profinet to an iiwa.

I think I'm almost done, but I have one last problem that I can not solve for a few days.
    I configured the clamp in WorkVisual, its IP address, its various modules, I configured the input outputs in Sunrise I / O, and I mapped them, and I export the I/O in my workbench project.

My problem is that everything seem to work well, I have manage to control each "boolean" IO, so I can restart the clamp controller, do a fast stop on the clamp, intialise the clamp.

But there is another type of IO, which are "DWORD", and I have no idea of how to format my data to be able to use them. Those input/output allow to choose the speed/position/acceleration of the clamp, and get the actuel speed/position etc...

Here is the datasheet of the exchange protocole:
    https://schunk.com/fileadmin/pim/docs/IM0022791.PDF
    On page 12, you'll find the representation of the cycle of communication (I'm not able to use the " Soll position, Soll speed etc, and Actual position, Actual speed etc").

On the attached screenshot, you'll see an example of the values of the actual/current position and speed, and those value are always changing whereas the clamp is not moving.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? or could help me solve it? I do not have much knowledge in this area.

Thank you in advance for your help ! :smiling_face:

• as i read it, data size is indicated to be DWORD (32-bit) and also it is stated that all such values are REAL (single precision floating point).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello ,
    Thank you for your answer, but how can I convert it to décimal ? I cast it to float, but I obtain values like on the screenshot that I sent previously. So I don't think that's correct .

• HMI is displaying value as an unsigned integer. Of course representation is different... UINT SINT REAL all have different range and representation.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• My problem is that I'm not trying to send this value to the gripper. That is the value sent by the gripper for the current position . And this value keep changing even if the gripper is not moving. That's why I have no idea of what does those values mean ... And even if I do a program that will only display the value in float , byte, int etc whatever the displayed value , it's not the value that I have in the Schunk HMI in USB.

Edited once, last by arthur_delafin ().

• you are welcome,

sorry this was not sorted sooner (should have guessed it: 0xBAF6F6E7 is actually -0.001884189 which is a reasonable value in this case)

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners