Trouble connecting Fanuc R-30iB with Lincoln Powerwave i400

• I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

I'm trying to connect a Fanuc R-30iB with a Lincoln Powerwave i400 through Ethernet, but I can't get the setup to work. I've got the robot, weld set and a laptop with the Lincoln software connected through a switch, and the laptop can connect to the weld set and robot, and the robot can ping the weld set from the host comm settings page.

I've followed the procedure in the ArcTool manual for setting it up, and every time it tries to connect to the weld set to perform the setup I see a countdown and then get a message 'Powerwave not detected'.

The robot and weld set were bought together second hand and are known to have been working together in the past, so all the necessary software options are clearly installed, I'm out of ideas of how to proceed.

If anyone has any ideas or has experienced this before it'd be super helpful to hear it.

• under Controlled start
    MENU -> ARCTOOL setup
    Check the equipment manufacturer (??) Should be set to Lincoln
    Equipment model??? should bet set to Powerwave enet
    COLD start,
    You should connect the welder directly to the robot
    When you want to use the powerwave utilities software I remember you need to connect using to the robot controller
    Check the manual that comes with the softwarrw

• I'm having a similar problemwith my Fanuc ARCMate 120iC. My computer connects to the i400, the software powerwave manager connects, IP address is set to automatic.
    When I do controlled start, all parameters are ok according to the ArcLinkXT procedure, the ping to the 192.168.2.152 address of the i400 is succesfull, but the 120iC don't detect the i400 doing the check procedure.
    I just don't know what more to do. ???

• I've had issues connecting to welders using ArcTool before. Try this procedure I had in my notes to reset the comm settings.

"In order to delete a connected welder, navigate to $BOOTP_TAB and delete the IP and MAC address for the first selection. This will clear the comm. Configuration. Then run the controlled start guide below."

Figure 14 in the ArcTool manual explains how to connect a PowerWave over ethernet in controlled start menu.

• Ive been having a similar issue except the powerwave i400 and r30iA controller were connected and communicating . I connected the powerwave to my laptop to use powerwave manager and ending up changing the Ip address it had . I also believe the controller was never set-up on a network so now it cant find the powerwave when i do the check with arctool. So is there a easy way to have the two connect via Ethernet without having to setup the controller on a network ?

Advertising from our partners