DCS safe work envelope for Tool

• I have 4 LR Mate robots working in close proximity to one another, I have advanced dcs installed and all other add ons necessary to utilize DCS fully. I have established zones that the robot is safe to operate in that will prevent collision between and 2 robots. Now I heed to make a safe zone for the EOAT. this needs to only be for the tooling and prevent it from finding the actual conveyor.

A walk through on how to create a DCS model for the tool, and how to change the safe zone to incorporate that instead of the whole Robot would be nice, and I believe helpful for others in the future. Thank you in advance.

• First you need to make a user model that covers the tool. This can be done under user models in the DCS Menu. The model is made up of elements. I would suggest not using the Cube shape as this takes up a lot of process time. Use the Line Seg, 2 Sphere and Point to create your model. Leave the Link type as 99, i assume your EOAT is on the faceplate. The coordinate system is based off the flange plate

Next for the zone, you need to select your user model. Select the desired zone under Cartesian position check, Under Target Models, select the corresponding number with the user model you have created. If you do not want the robot to be used with the zone, then remove the target area that has a -1, and change it to 0.

I hope that helps! :top:

Advertising from our partners