C-Series controller robot servo mismatch

• :partyband:

Good man.......nice to hear the 'old workhorse' is back in service.
    Yep, would be good to have a 'nodding dog' program in there and circulate the joints......

Simplest way is to use Teach, Create a simple BLOCK program.
    - Move and Record......Move and Record.......Move and Record.
    - Then use the CHECK ONCE/CONT button on the Teach Screen to check it through before running it in repeat at slow speeds.

Go into Teaching/Block Teaching.
    Press the Program area, and then character, type in a program name eg test.
    Then use the Block Teaching Screen to just move the robot to a desired location and press Record.
    - Just repeat this until you've finished.
    - Press the Step button and select Step 1.
    - Use the Check Forward/Backwards in conjunction with Check Cont/once to check the program through at Teach Speeds.
    - Get used to that before running in repeat.......

• Yes great to see it running indeed!

While I’m getting used to running it in teach mode, I can see my next issue. There is no key in the switch for teach/repeat.

What’s the best way around this? Can I replace it with simple N/O toggle switches or should I try to find a key online?

Is there any other way around this?

Thank you!

• Can't help you with the Key unfortunately.......
    I know the Teach/Repeat switch itself is dual channel and part of the safety circuit, so I'd be inclined not to mod that side of things.
    Therefore both channels are required for either Teach or Repeat Modes......no other way around it as far as I know..... ???

You'll need one if you're going to sell it on, so I'd contact your local Kawasaki Distributor and see if they have any knocking around....can't see them being too expensive.

What about the auction house and obtaining a JLR contact.....see if they have any.
    Also, I do know the E4x Controller uses the same key......so if you know anyone that has one of those that would consider donating.

• I was able to take the switch apart and actuate it manually for now so all good!

Please follow the link if you would like to see it running!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c4s…C%2016%2059%2015.mov?dl=0

Did you say that JLR remove the I/O board from these? Meaning I have no inputs/outputs?

Just wondering if I can get one as even the most basic job will require I/O and I most likely won't be using this robot on a bus.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

• Sounds nice an smooth at that low speed.....be nice to bolt her down and getting her to stretch her legs.......Nice job....with the switch...... :top:

Yep, from your pictures, I can see no IO board, except for the Phoenix Interbus Board (which is all on a fieldbus comm link).
    So, with your default settings, it would have returned it to 32 inputs and 32 outputs.
    - Therefore is looking for the an IO board (which contain as standard 32 inputs/32 outputs)....as there is not one there.....hence the No IO No.1 Board fault.....

You can remove this error if you want by changing the No. of IO signals in Aux 9xx to 0 (can't remember the exact no.).

If you want one, then you can get various flavours.....NPN, PNP, Analog outputs, Arc Weld Add on.....
    - But if you are looking for a standard one that's used in the UK.....usual one is PNP version - Part No. for it is 50999-2976 or phonetically referred to as a 1HW Board.
    - A stockist for old bits and bobs I know is Global Robots here: http://www.globalrobots.com
    - I expect you have probably heard of these guys.....worth an email at least.
    - If you have any contacts in the field with JLR, see if you can get your hands on.
    - It's still available as a spare part as they are used in the later D Controllers.......maybe £200 or so........

I forgot to............Welcome to the forum...... :bravo:

• Quite impressed with it at the moment, very smooth and repeatable (set up a repeatability test).

I’ll find a spot for it and bolt It down in the coming days and let her go flat out and see what we have :biggrins:

I’ll let it run for a few hours non stop tomorrow and see if I get any errors.

Then I suspect an oil change would be necessary.

I’ll try to acquire an I/O card. (Will probably need your help with installing)

In the meantime I suppose I’ll just get to grips with programming it. Maybe teach a tcp.

Also, thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I’ve brushed over this site in the past but I never realized the wealth of knowledge here! And if everyone else is as willing and able to help as you are then it will be my first stop with any issues from now on! Hopefully I can help out a bit too. Now that this robots up and running I suspect I’ll have many more questions for you!! :icon_smile::wallbash:

• JLR from memory, when problems occurred, they usually swapped out the Arm or Controller rather than diagnose problems online....
    Then it was usually taken to a maintenance bay to be investigated/repaired/re-greased and then ready as a standby unit......

There's plenty of experienced users who frequent the forum, and yes it is a wealth of knowledge for sure.
    No worries with assisting with installing the IO......I think the procedure is in the troubleshooting manual in that link I gave you should you want to go it alone.......any probs, then drop us a post.....
    I 'cut my teeth' on the C Controller, so it's nice to see the old girls come to life again......
    Sounds like you'll be having some fun in the near future.......enjoy.. :fine:

• Hi Kwakasaki,

I am now on my 3RD robot of the same model and controller.

Got the second one up and running no bother.

However, with this one, I am getting ERROR (-1424) Current feedback error of JT 3. Amp or Power harness error.

JT3 motor looks ok and I don't see any obvious damage to the harness.

I am going to try it with the controller to robot cables from the other robots to eliminate the cable as an issue.

Any advice other than that?

Thanks in advance!

• Could be the motor for sure, but the current feedback is from the CT's inside the Power Block.
    - Usually it is these that fail, or issues with the supply electronics within the Power Block.

If you have the same Controller for the Arm knocking around, swap the Power Block over and see if the error clears.......

• Hello, i was wondering what the result are on this last problem. I have the same on my second hand bought robot. Did you fixed it or sell it with the problem?

I swapped controller already but result is the same.

• Hi

i have the same problem and have error '-1909 servo type mismatch'

same thing happened to me, purchased and the batteries was dead so it has lost its memory i assume?

what do i do to get it up and running (was running when purchased but when it was switched off it was the problem)

same controller as OP but the robot is a ux120

have also got a video of it working.

I have done zrobot command which got me to this point but was having the exact same errors as OP

please any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Lewis

• Welcome to the forum.........:beerchug:

The OP of this thread had many errors, including yours and one which has not been replied to.

So as to provide correct information, it would better to create a separate thread.

Please start a new thread stating:

- Full Controller Model No.

- Full Robot Model No.

- Supporting photos of the inside of the Controller.

- If you have a file save from when it was working.

- Screenshots of Aux Func 90.

- Screenshots of any other errors displayed (INCLUDING DESCRIPTION NOT JUST THE NUMBER).

- What you have tried to do to resolve the problem - be very specific.

- Have you read any supporting documentation like a troubleshooting manual.

- Have you got any spare parts for it.

- What history there is associated with the robot - ie what previous application, health issues, condition.

- Any other information you may consider relevant.

Some documentation can be found here:

C-Series Documentation & Manuals - Manuals, Software and Tools for Kawasaki Robots - Robotforum - Support and discussion community for industrial robots and cobots (robot-forum.com)

Post #9 contains a Troubleshooting Manual

• Ooooooh no.......not a lost cause at all......... :justice:

Assuming everything is harnessed and populated correctly.....and it was just battery exhaustion, then it will be a case of software correction (AS and SV and setting data).
    However, I have found a reference to the error and it may well be connected with the Servo
    Type you suggested (I missed it when I first read your reply).
    - I've sent a PM for something you to try tomorrow to see if it gets it away.....

Hi, I am having the servo mismatch error (1909) and was wondering what was in the PM you sent as I am hoping it can help me. There is no reference in my error code pdf for this code.

Much appreciated if you are able to help.

Cheers.

• Yep, I agree......all looks ready to go.....ok, the pesky external hold.....PM sent again....

i am having this exact same problem. wiring is done exactly like that and i am still having the external hold on on the controller. also changed the encoder batteries but im still getting the encoder battery voltage low error. any thoughts?

• Thoubu

Welcome to the forum.........:beerchug:

Please start a new thread as your problem is a different topic.

Include:

- Controller Type

- Robot Type

- External hold does not just 'appear' without changes occurring, describe why this suddenly happened.

- Why did you change encoder batteries, what procedure did you use, please explain.

• Ooooooh no.......not a lost cause at all......... :justice:

Assuming everything is harnessed and populated correctly.....and it was just battery exhaustion, then it will be a case of software correction (AS and SV and setting data).
    However, I have found a reference to the error and it may well be connected with the Servo Type you suggested (I missed it when I first read your reply).
    - I've sent a PM for something you to try tomorrow to see if it gets it away.....

Hey guys, i have the honor to own a fs10e i had a data loss and did a initialisation and now i have the same problem... I tried to set it up with zrobot but still the same error...

i would really be interested in this pm you sent at that time!

Any help would be awesome!

best regards

simon

- Controller Type

----> C-Type

- Robot Type

----> Kawasaki FS 10 E

- External hold does not just 'appear' without changes occurring, describe why this suddenly happened.

----> i think i had the data broken by just connecting the arm to the power as i experiment...

- Why did you change encoder batteries, what procedure did you use, please explain.

-----> i ordered new encoder batterys because i had to zero the arm every time...

• red0eye

Welcome to the forum.............:beerchug:

Why people are continuously re-initializing assuming this fixes problems is beyond me..............:hmmm:.

Valuable data is lost when this happens and makes it so much harder to diagnose.

Please start a new thread because this thread is becoming saturated with several problems due to people re-initializing trying to fix things and making things worse.

Please explain in detail and provide timeline of ALL that has happened/what you have done including screenshots of current status and file saves you have and also age of battery inside controller and in arm?

• Thank you very much!

i will start a new thread!

cheers!

Advertising from our partners