milling application for kuka 360-krc2

• Hello

I have a kuka 360-krc2 with gripper (handling ) application , I want to use this kuka for milling .

Can I use this kuka for milling with handling application?

I write program with power milling software but when do you run program in Auto mode , I’m advertent wrong move in an axis Y .

I’m define an axis Y and axis X move ten millimeters , axis X move correct but axis Y move incorrect

( about eleven millimeters or more move )

Now that my circular change to oval . I guess the problem for an application

What is it a different with handling application and milling application ?

I need new application for milling work this kuka . how can I ready milling application for kuka ?

How can I solve the problem ?

Can you help me . :help:

Best regards .

• Hi, I haven't met with handling application but probably the mistake is a wrong calibration your milling tool or/and zero point. How did you do that?
    It might be useful to attach some program code and your table tools data

• the Kuka master with ETM device and the zero point is correct , befor the start program in auto mode the first define new base then the start program .
    how can I make tool milling ?
    I need a new application . milling application .
    how can I bought milling application for a Kuka ?
    The windows installed the system is XP , with KRC 5.4.8

• there is a lot here you need to explain a little better,

first off to clarify you have a used robot that previously has been used for a handling application and you want to convert it to a milling robot. I presume you already took the gripper off and mounted a mill to the robot?

The next thing you mention is that you use powermill to generate your milling program, i have never used powermill but if i am not mistaken powermill only generates cnc code which does not work on a robot. If you want to use powermill you will have to make sure that you can generate krl or can convert cnc to krl. Another option would be the CNC package from kuka. You will have to ask kuka themselves if that would work with your machine.

No about your deviation in the y-axis, how did you measure this? and with what program? is this with a program you generated in powermill, or was this a program written on the pendant? did you check this multiple places in your available work area? if you rotate your tool around its point is there a deviation or does the point move?

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

Advertising from our partners