Program reset

• Hi panic mode

I'm at the beginner level in robot programming.

I'm using a Kr4 robot. The tool changer bit (Display> Inputs / outputs> Digital I / O) set when I reset the R1 / program / main program becomes inactive. I wonder why.
    Thank you

• What do you mean by Display> Inputs / outputs> Digital I / O became inactive? All I/O changed to 0? Normally this is not possible. What about system variables that are not affected by program? Are they also inactive? Do you call a subprogram inside the main program that reset all robot signals?

• [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Please take training or read the manual (see READ FIRST).[/font]
    Also not sure where you are but - most countries have legal standards requiring that those using robots are properly trained (hint, that is more than becoming familiar with the robot, it also means familiarity with safety standards and using them).

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]There is a safety concept called "single point of control".[/font]
    This is why during program execution, control is given to program and certain features such as manual controls etc are blocked.

If you want to manually move robot or control I/O, that is OK but first... you must take control away from program.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• The tool changer bit (Display> Inputs / outputs> Digital I / O) set when I reset the R1 / program / main program becomes inactive.

hello again,

i am re-reading this and i am not sure i understand, could you post screenshots (before and after)?

"when I reset the R1 / program / main program becomes inactive"
    Do you mean program gets deselected? This would suggest other task (SPS) monitoring robot program state and using CWRITE to cancel it.
    "The tool changer bit set becomes inactive when I reset the main program."
    it is unclear what is the tool changer bit and what is controlling it.
    this too would suggest something in SPS monitoring robot program state and then resetting variable value(s).

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by SkyeFire ().

• sure you do call subprograms, and your screenshot shows it..

it is still unclear what exactly you mean by reset? robot is EXT mode and "resetting program" is a manual function which cannot be executed in that mode. so you probably mean "program restart".

either way, if the outputs get reset in EXT mode, there must be something in programs that does that.
    one cannot say more without seeing programs...

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners