KRC4 io control via profinet to siemens 1214

• Hello,

I have kuka robot KR8 and controler KRC4. Some time before support explained that we can use profinet protocol for input and output signals.

We bought siemens s7 1214 plc controler for that. I have managed to make connection between krc4 and siemens 1214 (when i reconnect cable to x66 port, controller makes message "connection between PLC and KRC4KR restored" KSS11014.

But however, i can not make input and output signal transfere via profinet.

I mapped io in workvisual (io - profinet). But i think i am writing a bad program in tia portal.

I tried using direct adresses, using "Put/Get" function blocks...

Maybe someone could help me, give me an example, or tell what function block i should use?

• [size=1em]incorrect...

being willing and able are two very different things. please read topic READ FIRST.

you stated that:
    [/size]
    [size=1em]* you are asking for specifics ("my PLC is model xxx") but you don't provide the needed info such as network setup, mapping etc on both ends (please lookup "gigo principle"). you show small part of KRC setup but no PLC (what KSS, what version of PNET, what version of GSDMS, which node is master/slave, what are the network settings, etc etc etc.)[/size]
    [size=1em]* you have "communication" between PLC and KRC but you cannot transmit signals. no details such as roles of each node, addresses etc. [/size]

[size=1em]* you state you try to use functions "Put/Get", not sure what that is and on which node was it[/size]

[size=1em]* you are asking for PLC code help but ... this is a robot forum, not PLC forum. btw. writing code comes AFTER you have working connection (signals sent from PLC are read by KRC and the other way around).[/size]

[size=1em]* All kuka tech packaged including ProfiNet some with manual. did you read it? what step exactly trips you?[/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by panic mode ().

• For the TIA configuration there shouldn't be a difference between the 1500 and 1214.
    You don't need to use put/get blocks. Just access the I/Os as normal I/O. Somethin like ----|I1.0|------|I1.1|-------------(O1.0)

• I have the same problem right now ... Have you found the solution?

Advertising from our partners