KUKA Profisafe-cp1616 connection failure

• I try to run kuka robot with KRC2, bought from reseller.

There is problem with connection of Profisafe module and CP1616 PCI board (Siemens simatic net). I suspect that there is no connection with each other.
    Red Led light on CP1616 of "SF" and "BF" is blinking. Profisafe module also lighted up with "BF" light. This devices are connected with RS-485 cable W=HDS+1R1-AF2/HDS+1AR1-AF3 - I've checked connection.
    There is also one more cable (W=HDS+ST01-XSA3.6\=HDS+1R1-AF3) connected to the profisafe module but it was cut at the outlet from box. I don't know where it goes. In the technical scheme there is nothing mentioned about this second RS-485 cable.

At the start up of the robot after cold restart I also have some problem with NET.Framework. I don't know but maybe this problems are jointed.

• Did the seller test this configuration before selling it to you?

There is unlikely to be any connection between the CP1616 and any ProfiSafe modules -- as far as I am aware, the KUKA implementation of ProfiNet on the KRC2 does not support having the robot act as a Safety Master to any slave devices. Most often, safety slave devices located inside the robot are slaves to an external safety PLC, and have their I/O wired into the ESC board.

...are you certain that this is a CP1616 card? The CP1616 is for ProfiNET, but that uses RJ45 cables. You are describing an RS-485 cable, which is used for ProfiBUS.

• I was busy with another work and my fruitless tries to make robot alive compel me to shift this work for some time. Now I can continue to do this work.

I defined that all safe inputs are going to this CP-1616 module but it hasn't program connection with main robot PC. It's very ineresting why. I don't think that configuration on CP-1616 was changed afterwards but it possible to exclude second use.

I use smatic manager to reconfigure CP-1616 but I have not rights to do it, it fordids me.

If Somebody can help to fix it, or will come in Ukraine and fix it, it would be very nice.

• It seems you have similar robot i have. If you want to use profinet with failsafe modules you need external failsafe PLC. These modules in cabinet is for external control ( somewhere outside control cabinet ) and if you want to move robot you have to make a lot of jumpers on X11 ( check wiring diagrams there is page for jumper to work in standalone mode ). Check my posts about cp1616.

Advertising from our partners