Copy User Alarm message and Severity from one robot to another

• Hey Guys,

Im trying to copy the User Alarm Message from one robot and put it in another.
    I dont mind if its a Karel Program put i dont know how to make one. essential i want it to do this.

$UALRM_MSG.[1] = 'Robot Not at Home'
    $UALRM_SEV.[1] = 6

please help

• Yeah I know right. I can save them but they are in the SysVar file which i dont want to load into each robot. I was thinking if i could simply write a KAREL program to write the information in for me that would be great.

• Edit this as needed.

• If you don't want to use karel, take a look at the .cm sticky at the top of the forum. That can be used for setting up user alarms as well.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Yeah i tried this but when i create the CM file it loads but doesn't change those variables

SETVAR $UALRM_MSG[1] 'Not At Home'

im not sure if im missing something from the program

• The program come up as not loadable which i assumed was because its a CM program. but if just execute the program it comes up with "SP -015 $ 38000F, no message found"

So not sure if im doing something wrong for this file type or that the file needs something else or touched up.

• For those who are still wondering, this is a working .CM file for adding the User Alarm.

I increase the alarm number manually at Menu -> System -> Variable -> $MAXUALRMNUM. (Be sure to reboot the controller)

Advertising from our partners