External Axis servo motors

• Hello everyone,

I would like to know Is it possible synchronize ABB robot with different Servo Motors rather then ABB recommended? I'm thinking to build my own external axis (Track), Any recommendations about Servo Motors? Which can synchronize with ABB? I'm using S4C+ Controller, Looking forward to your suggestions , Thank you :top:

sandeep

• If your application does not require accuracy in the time
    that you have simultaneous motion of robot and track you can control servo by robot IO.

• I would like to know Is it possible synchronize ABB robot with different Servo Motors rather then ABB recommended? I'm thinking to build my own external axis (Track), Any recommendations about Servo Motors? Which can synchronize with ABB? I'm using S4C+ Controller, Looking forward to your suggestions , Thank you :top:

Yes. Servo guns are a perfect example. A call to the motor manufacturer sometimes yeilds great information if you let them know very specifically what you need. Did you download the Ext. Axis Manual from the manuals section yet?

• Yes. Servo guns are a perfect example. A call to the motor manufacturer sometimes yeilds great information if you let them know very specifically what you need. Did you download the Ext. Axis Manual from the manuals section yet?

Hi Skooter,

Thanks for reply. Yes I do have manual "IRBT 6004 for IRB 6600 with s4c+ Auto M2000A" and I looked at Elmo servo motors on eBay and found similar motors but with different voltages and different part. Do you think they can work for my application? I had one track with Elmo AC Servo Motor Type PSA130/6-90-P-LSS-4882 and I found on eBay " Elmo AC Servo Motor Type PSA90-6-105-P-LSS-4-3830". And also found one servo motor from Kinavo motors . Do you have any better recommendations? Let me know :respect: Looking forward to your reply :top:

sandeep

• Thanks for reply skooter,

Is there any data sheet available about ELMO Ac Servo Motors Type PSA130/6-90-P-LSS-4882 or any equivalent? I tried my best on search so far no luck, I Request to the supplier they redirected me to some other supplier. If you have any information available it would help :merci:

sandeep

Advertising from our partners