Assign custom function to TCP keys

• Is it possible to customize the keys along the TCP screen to lets say "stop Glue gun" and attach a KRL function if pressed?

I am working with KRC1 and KSS 4.17

• I finally had time to create and check the archive and it only lists [Archive], [Roboter] ans [Version] sections, nothing concerning additional options installed. Can I install the UserTech option still?

• even oldest usertech did not support your KSS version. KRC1 is discontinued and support stopped long ago.
    not sure if and what was possible to make use of the status keys on your system.

you can try function is_key_pressed(), for example you could add this in SPS and monitor flags:

FOR n=1 to 25
    $FLAG[n]=is_key_pressed(n)
    ENDFOR

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello, you can use Usertech also for KRC1, I did use it on a couple of KRC1's years ago with KSS4.1.7. As you can see example on the attached picture(operator could change the robot programs from the KCP, also have done some laser control keys from KCP using UserTech).

On KRC1's there where already installed packages for welding and grippertech and usertech, later on KRC2's you had to buy them extra...
    Search for the folder C:\KRC\ROBOTER\TEMPLATE\MyTech.kfd... if you have this, then you can use it... for UserTech code, you write your own .kdf file...

• Hello,

i have a KRC2 with KSS 5.6,

do anyone know if it is still possible to so show icons between buttons like the @DannyDJ attached picture?

I'm trying to visualize a variable value (an input at the I/O of the robot) in the GUI.

Thank you

• Hi,

Usertech was automatically installed for Software releases until V4.1.x (running under Windows 95).

Starting with Version 5.x UserTech is an optional Tech Package and has to be bought

@CR

You are actual using a KR C2 ed05 (CPU 2 GHz)

(On this main board there are no ISA slots anymore)

KR C2 is using a main board with a CPU speed between 400 Mhz and 733 MHz

(here you still have ISA Slots)

regards

MOM

• Hello,

i have KRC2 first version 733MHz, but this doesn't matter,

i have installed the extra UserTech package.

The problem is that i'm not able to show status icons related for example to an input at the robot.

Do you know how to code it? Is it not possible to make it inside the KFD files?

Thank you

• I confirm that i have KSS 5.6.8 and 733MHz CPU, running XP

i read a lot the manual, but i didn't find a way to display a variable value (boolean) on the status keys,

are you experienced about this? Do you have a code example?

Thank you

• once the status key is pressed, it can run script.

in the script you can read variable value and replace something for one of the status keys....

for example replace one of icons with a different one... of change text... as shown by examples in manual

DEFSCRIPT scr_setup_Tool_1

; Message " - Setup Tool ONE - "

SETVAR(FULLPATH[] "TOOL1_GRIPPER_NR" , VALUE[] "1")

SETVAR(FULLPATH[] "TOOL2_GRIPPER_NR" , VALUE[] "1")

SET Key1_L1 = {ONKEYDOWN Key1_Down, ONKEYUP scr_nothing, ONKEYSHOW scr_nothing, PICTURE[] "C:\KRC\TP\USERTECH\TEMPLATE\TOOL_1.BMP"}

SET Key2_L1 = {ONKEYDOWN Key2_Down, ONKEYUP scr_nothing, ONKEYSHOW scr_nothing, PICTURE[] "C:\KRC\TP\USERTECH\TEMPLATE\GRIP_1.BMP"}

SET Key3_L1 = {ONKEYDOWN Key3_L1_Down, ONKEYUP Key3_L1_Up, ONKEYSHOW scr_nothing, PICTURE[] "C:\KRC\TP\USERTECH\TEMPLATE\GR_OPEN.BMP"}

SET Key4_L1 = {ONKEYDOWN Key4_L1_Down, ONKEYUP Key4_L1_Up, ONKEYSHOW scr_nothing, PICTURE[] "C:\KRC\TP\USERTECH\TEMPLATE\GR_CLOSE.BMP"}

SET MGripperKeyBar={STATKEY[1] Key1_L1, STATKEY[2] Key2_L1, STATKEY[3] Key3_L1, STATKEY[4] Key4_L1}

ENDSCRIPT

also check KFDs that come with OrangeEdit or various KUKA TechPackages.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners